how are creatures linked?

Edit discussion for my patch focused to http://getmangos.eu/community/topic/15909/in-dev-creature-linking-via-database/

A little bump ;)

I revamped my old SpawnSpecial system, rewrote it entirely, and changed to some different behaviour.

So I got a (very basic) system for linking creatures together.

it can be seen here: https://github.com/Schmoozerd/mangos/compare/master...CreatureLinkingMgr

Current functionality (only npcs by entry supported)

FLAG_AGGRO_ON_AGGRO         = 0x0001,       the "slave" aggroes when the "master" aggroes
   FLAG_TO_AGGRO_ON_AGGRO      = 0x0002,   the master aggroes when the slave aggroes
   FLAG_RESPAWN_ON_EVADE       = 0x0004,  the slave respawns when the master evades
   FLAG_TO_RESPAWN_ON_EVADE    = 0x0008, the master respawns when the slave evades
   FLAG_DESPAWN_ON_DEATH       = 0x0010, the slave despawns when the master dies
   FLAG_SELFKILL_ON_DEATH      = 0x0020, the slave goes suicide when the master dies
   FLAG_RESPAWN_ON_DEATH       = 0x0040, the slave respawn when the master dies

planned are

- following

- CanSpawn when boss alive

- CanSpawn when boss dead

Feel free to give any ideas on missing features or things that can be done better

• 40 years later...

Hi,

I just want to ask, how creatures in mangos are linked, for instance I pull a single npc (who stands in a group) in a dungeon and a few seconds after I pulled him, the whole group follows him and start to attack me, like on retail.

But how does the server handle this? Is there a db entry for linked creatures or how does it work.

thx

Not all groups of monsters are linked on retail, only some of them.

In some cases, if your group dies before you kill all linked enemies, the ones you did kill will respawn.

Yes, this is another dynamic. There are also other examples of shared scripting, movement, etc that are based on grouping. The grouping is mostly in instances, where you can clearly see mobs spawned together in groups.

• 1 month later...