Flying mounts in Azeroth

Hi,

I am providing server with own custom database, focused on roleplay, and we want to allow flying mounts for Storytellers. So, is there any chance to make flying mounts summonable in Azeroth? I mean all of them.

I'm very grateful for any ideas.

Thank you,

Xmat

edit:

I've found this topic, http://getmangos.eu/community/topic/8521/flying-mounts-everywhere/ but there are a lot of ideas and i can't find any of them useful and functional.

• 40 years later...

So far as I recall, the only practical method for having flying mounts in the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor was to equip the mount as a trinket or wearable item. Shirts were the preferred way, since they're a simple item with no other spells, enchantments, or buffs and did not require sacrificing another, more valuable gear slot.

Then, you remove the map ID check that prevents the mount from being summoned.

The code is all there in that thread you referenced. It will likely need updating for 3.3.5a, plus, you will need to remember that 3.3.0 hard-linked items to the DBC files, so custom items of any sort must make use of a similar item that is unused in the DBC file. As such, a shirt used for your mount must have an unused shirt in the DBC file which you can put in its place for it to work.