Temporary Summon GO´s, why does it not exist?

Guest anti-freak

Good morning everybody :P

I have a question because the GO´s. Creatures have a nice funktion to spawn them temporary and despawn them by myself quiet easyly, so I don´t understand, why GO´s haven´t this funktion, too.

I think it will be much better, for example the DB will be much smaller...

Haha, ok, a bad joke :P

Ahm.. I tell you, what problem I had, and why I think its that its usefull to add it to core (I wrote the class already, but I whant some answers from you^^).

I think you know something about Caverns of Time One, the part with Thrall. I had a big problem with some GO´s. The fire of the barracks should spawn, when the first boss appears, thats not the problem...

But it should disappear, when you whipe at this boss, and thats the point. I didn´t found any funktion to despawn the GO´s after spawning them by code. So I copy pasted the temporary creature methode, and did some changes, so that it worked.

I think there are no problems with that, and its not so difficult, so I asked myself, why it issn´t implemented, yet?

It´s alsow quiet usefull for some chests, which you want to spawn after a boss died, ore some other things.

I don´t know something about a spell which do this work for me for this GO. In clean mangos they are spawned in despawn mode, and yes I can spawn them, but can´t despawn. So, here is the big problem. Perhaps there is an other methode but, I didn´t find them, so that its quiet easier to write a funktion which you can use at different places, then look around and use a bad way for this. When you can tell me, how I can despawn a pre-spawned GO, then I do it that way, but for the moment I couldn´t find anything like that.

I don´t think that I use a hack or something like that, its only a feature which you don´t need often to use.

Edit:

@Wojta:

I don´t want to delete them realy. I need them later again, when the boss is summoned again.

it is only usefull for people not willing to research proper behaviour..

GOs that are spawned at the same place always need to be spawned in despawned state, other GOs are used with spells.

And if you encounter a GO that should be spawned at dynamic places, and there is no spell for spawning this GO, then you have an example where a manual summon GO function is needed.

Good luck searching :)

I think, you don´t understand the problem. Yes, I spawn a GO at the same place as every time, not dynamic, but I can´t despawn it at your way. When you add this funktion, I can post my blizzlike nonhacky caverns of time 1 script, when not, it doesn´t make sense to post anything, beacause it wouldn´t work. Plz don´t understand me wrong, I worked at this problem a few days, I tryed everything to make it possible.

Like vladimir said, there is a conflict with the traps...

so far

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use