OutdoorPvP in mangos-one ?

fooheyy

Hi,

I'm looking for running outdoorpvp in mangos-one and found nothing in the forum/google search.

All results is about old mangos 0.12 branch and the latest patch for the r10049+

so backport is possible or i have missed anything... ?

I can do it but the hard part for me is [del]a Doxygen bug, with no doc i cant rtfm (yet)[/del] i have small skill in mangos/c++

Any help would be appreciated :)

No backport for MaNGOS One of the Outdoor PvP code exists, so far as I know.

You are welcome to create such a backport. Should you encounter any technical issues, simply ask and I'm sure you'll have help in finding a solution. This is how you will make your small C++ skill grow. ;)

The MaNGOS One fans will be looking forward to the release of your patch. Good luck!

This Last day , vladimir add a new usefull feature for script on non instanceable map, its the way to make outdoor pvp whithout hack, you need make script like script boss as in ScriptDev2

Good news ! but

read how this feature work in database.

in which db/table ? There is an example or a commit n° ?

The first commit for this its https://github.com/mangos/one/commit/8cd46197e1efbb34fc1a5be27a7cdace3f57de98, table world_template for calling script in ScriptDev2 whith map id when is loaded and table world in characters database for save some data string.

Wintergasp can be added whth this function.

Very simple example:

If you would say something when the player enter on the map, you just make a script and respect ScriptDev2 structure : (reset(),update(),etc.. and insert in the table world_template this name and id example : (say_welcome_xx,xxx), they are few script example in the ScriptDev2 source and the ScriptDev2 forum can help you too.

For outdoor pvp script is not very hard because you already have the script for each map, you need adapt this into ScriptDev2 but there is always a small part of code like flags outdoor pvp structure that you need insert in mangos.

More proper code, less hacky code, have nice :D.

Tried in hellfire peninsula and work great but I have problem with handling zones/areas and without idea of code structure etc...

http://pastie.org/1618482

I do not known if i am in the right way but i need learn more about sd2 and existing scripts

I saw your replies about working outdoor pvp and i'am happy to be less lost :D I'm excited to see how this works

Tried in hellfire peninsula and work great but I have problem with handling zones/areas and without idea of code structure etc...

http://pastie.org/1618482

I do not known if i am in the right way but i need learn more about sd2 and existing scripts

I saw your replies about working outdoor pvp and i'am happy to be less lost :D I'm excited to see how this works

Yes you are in the right way whith SD2 structure just some useless function like player enter zone, you need begin to write reset{} function which it initialize and load creature gameobject etc..

reset(){         m_uiHordeCounter = 0;
       m_uiAllyCounter  = 0;
}

uint64 GetData64(uint32 uiData)

{

switch(uiData)

{

case DATA_HORDE_COUNTER: return m_uiHordeCounter;

case DATA_ALLY_COUNTER: return m_uiAllyCounter;

}

return 0;

}

void Load(const char* in)

{

if (!in)

{

OUT_LOAD_INST_DATA_FAIL;

return;

}

OUT_LOAD_INST_DATA(in);

std::istringstream loadStream(in);

loadStream >> m_uiHordeCounter >> m_uiAllyCounter;

OUT_LOAD_INST_DATA_COMPLETE;

}

This function are useless because the maps its non instabnceable

All OutdoorPvp script will be load when player enter in the specific map and not in the specific area.But I m thinking about a sort of gate which whith it , we will can make each script by zone.

So an Outdoor Pvp basic script which is called when the player enter map and Outdoor Pvp basic script check whith Update(){} what is the player zone and call specific OutdoorPvp script if player is in the Outdoor Pvp zone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use