[help] .cpp to .diff ?

pix

Hello everyone,

I have a very simple question, for compile a patch in cpp or .h I must have my patch on .diff to be able to compile at my core (I'm on Linux Debian 5) and I wish to know if there a simple way to pass a file .cpp or .h on .diff ??

thanks y for help.

Sorry for my noob question but I began ;)

I have no clue what you're trying to ask, looks like an online translator accident to me to be honest...

Some general info: "patch" is just an informal term for the difference between two versions of the same code base that fixes/improves something. Consequently, a patch is a diff file, usually named .diff or .patch, but that's unimportant really.

The "standard" tools are GNU diffutils to create, and GNU patch to apply a patch.

But most version control systems have integrated tools to create and apply patches in compatible format, including git.

Bascially, patches have nothing to do with compiling, they are just a way to share changes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use