executing queries from a file takes toooooo long

Guest ashashin06

Hi all, i have tried to search this topic in the forum, but didn't find anything.

I have mysql server 5.5 and using sqlyog and I am trying to update the core patches and update patches right now.

The problem I have is every .sql files takes a long time to execute. For example, I am currently updating 395_updatepack_mangos.sql, its size is 12861KB, and it has taking me about 5 hours already and it still have about 100kb left.

I have tried to copy the queries into sqlyog and run it, it still takes a long time.

There are no error messages, and the updates went through fine.

I have used earlier versions of mysql sever and sqlyog on another computer a year back to install another server, those large updates were done in minutes if not seconds.

Anyone know why is this happening? Is there some kind of setting I can change to solve this?

Thanks

First of all: OS, CPU, and memory.

Second: have you tried importing with the mysql command? (i.e. mysql -u root -p somedb < .\\path\\to\\somedb.sql)

Info: Win 7 Ultimate 64x, Core2 Duo E7300, 2GB RAM, 300g hard drive with enough space left.

I installed mangos more than a year ago on my 2GB, dual core, dell e1705 (bought in 2006), everything runs smoothly without problems.

as for doing a command line update, no i havnt tried that yet. but i had hoped to solve this issue and use GUI to update.

thanks

UPDATE:

I have tried using command line to update:

1. mysql -u -p database

2. source sqlfilepath/file.sql

it is still taking a long time. after a query is executed, a "query OK, 1 row affected (0.50 sec)" is displayed in the command line. each of the queries takes from 0.5 - 0.57 sec to execute.

anyone has any ideas why is it so slow?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use