[11352] Send SMSG_NEW_WORLD after teleport destination set

Guest BThallid

What does this patch do?

Moves the SMSG_NEW_WORLD packet so it is sent after player m_teleport_dest is set and after TeleportFar is set.

It seems that the server should do some of the work while the client state is in pending mode instead of just sending SMSG_TRANSFER_PENDING and then SMSG_NEW_WORLD directly afterwards. Rearranging the code like this will also allow the core to do other actions in the future during this intermission.

Flow process:

1. Client is teleported to another map

2. Server informs client of pending status (SMSG_PENDING_TRANSFER sent)

3. Client shows load screen for pending map

4. Server removes client from old map, set m_teleport_dest, set teleport far to true

5. Server informs client of new world status (SMSG_NEW_WORLD is sent)

6. Client begins to load new map and loading progress bar moves (MSG_MOVE_WORLDPORT_ACK is sent)

What revision/commit is patch for?

11260 - 9359c427

Who has been writing patch?

me (BThallid)

http://paste2.org/p/1323483

Updated 2011-03-24: Adjusted SMSG_NEW_WORLD for if on transport.

not see any cases naked bug with far teleports, but mostly show up at just login near another player.

Cleary this change NOT fix naked bug and not related to it.

I never claimed that it would fix anything. I just saw it as an intermission section for map loading and possibly other processes.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use