My server is empty ?

BrainStorm

1. Download UDB release archives or checkout the sources with Subversion
  2. Install the world database using the last UDB release, and apply the UDB updates
  3. Clone the MaNGOS source code from github.
  4. Compile and install MaNGOS.
  5. Use the SQL updates folder from MaNGOS source tree and upgrade the realm, world, and character database

If desired, add ScriptDevZero to the list, and add a fourth database to the mix.

That is the short route :D

Nope that dosent work eiter i get this

Error occured at:2011-03-18 21:16:52

Line no.:2

Error Code: 1146 - Table 'mangos.character_db_version' doesn't exist

Query:

CREATE FUNCTION `ConvertAuras`(`auras` varchar(1024))

RETURNS varchar(1024) CHARSET utf8

so i get to the part (2) and update the UDB update files..

i get to 399_corepatch_mangos_11157_to_11242.sql

As Senpuria mentioned, there's three types of SQL updates, for the three databases you need, mangos (a.k.a. "world"), characters and realmd.

If you don't have any character and realm database content yet, just use the characters.sql and realmd.sql from sources and skip those sql updates.

Those are only needed if you already have those databases from an older revision.

It looks like your trying to execute the character database into mangos

hence *mangos.character_db_version*

mangos. = the database you tried to execute into

character_db_version is the table you couldn't find because it should be in characters

Is this one for charecters ?

399_corepatch_mangos_11157_to_11242.sql

i dont think so :S

it stands mangos and not charecter

and its that file who gives me the mangos.charecter_db_version error.. wtf !?

Indeed, but you have to select the database in order for it to execute it into the correct database, otherwise it won't be able to locate.

It looks to me like you've assumed if you have any database highlighted it will automatically place it into the mangos database anyway.

If your using sqlyog, which you should if you followed the instillation guide, right click the mangos database to make sure you have that selected and click on import > from sql dump.

Locate your corepatch and execute it from there.

Now im gonna dcument what im doin maby u can see if i do somthing wrong.

First of :

UDB_0.12.1.393_mangos_10545_SD2_1833 import to mangos (selected)

then

trunk\\Updates\\0.12.1_additions\\393_updatepack_mangos import to mangos (selected)

And so on all the way up to 398_updatepack_mangos

now i will do the same to the next one (399_corepatch_mangos_11157_to_11242)

SAME THING AGEN !

erroryk.jpg

Well, as this is a database issue which is actually nothing related to mangos, I suggest signing up to the forums of the database you are trying to use.

You'll probably find some information there, but I'll still try and sort your problem out.

You must be executing the files in the wrong order, that thread will show you how to properly execute the sqls in the correct order.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use