Linux wiki installation guide (Debian) broken

The "apt-get install" command with all the packages you need for mangos are invalid on the wiki

it should be

apt-get install build-essential binutils gcc g++ cpp automake autoconf make libmysql++-dev libtool libssl-dev subversion patch zlibc libc6 git-core cmake

(Taken from http://getmangos.eu/community/topic/4011/how-to-compile-mangos-on-linux-using-git-/ but added cmake to the list)

• 41 years later...

I'm not sure why this belongs to "Site feedback & help"...

Wikipedia describes the caracteristics of a Wiki as following:

"A wiki invites all users to edit any page or to create new pages within the wiki Web site, using only a plain-vanilla Web browser without any extra add-ons."

"A wiki is not a carefully crafted site for casual visitors. Instead, it seeks to involve the visitor in an ongoing process of creation and collaboration that constantly changes the Web site landscape."

Is there anything broken in this regard?

@Lynx3d: I have not read any article about the real definition on the word "Wiki", i think DasBlub's explanation were much more easy to understand, i can go and help out with the documentation of mangos on the mangos wiki as long as I'm a registered user

PS: I meant that the content on a specific page on the wiki were invalid/broken.

PPS: Really immature that you wrote as you did, you understood what i meant and that should be enough I'm actually trying to help and you just push me down

Anyways thank you for the explanations.

- LilleCarl

Well since this section is about questions and problems with the site usage, i was really wondering if you had problems using the wiki, or if you weren't aware how wikis usually work (i.e. users can and should edit articles where necessary) and are asking us to change the article...

lillecarl: first of all, thanks for the hint. If you are looking for an updated list of packages, here is e.g. what you can use on a Ubuntu Maverick desktop installation:

$ apt-get install mc apg astyle tofrodos git-core subversion autoconf automake build-essential cmake cmake-curses-gui doxygen gcc g++ libtool qtcreator libace-dev libbz2-dev libcppunit-dev libmysqlclient16-dev libncurses5-dev libpcre3-dev libreadline6-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev libtomcrypt-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev python-dev python-yaml zlib1g-dev mysql-server

This will get you pretty much anything installed which you may need to build MaNGOS and make changes to the code.

I'm sorry if the first reactions may have sounded rude, but this section is intended for issues with the actual website, e.g. things that may be broken like site login, etc.

You can at any time register an account on our Wiki, and make the changes yourself in the future. We gladly accept any help with that.

For future issues with actual content or manuals, etc. you may wish to frequent the community cafe section of these forums. There you can freely discuss anything, and e.g. even ask how a wiki works.

In the past we have seen way to many people ( thousands actualy ) simply refusing to take effort when posting, thus we may have become a bit sensitive on where to post things over the years.