Create a new article on a wiki

Auntie Mangos

• 41 years later...

Well basically i would like to know how to create a new "page" or article or what it is called on a wiki there is a install on debian lenny guide on the wiki, but im not sure if beginners would understand that the lenny guide would work with squeeze even better would possibly be to merge both linux guides into one, since its almost the package managers that diff on a basic mangos setup, just to make it easier for "newbies" to get started with mangos servers.

As i know it many people nowadays is buying cheap linux VPS servers without even knowing what CLI is (lol) so a complete newbie friendly guide would be nice, i would happily help and make one, but since im only familiar with the APT package manager and the debian based distros i cannot really help out with centos etc....

So i would like to create a article without any link to just to write it up and then maby it could be added on the wikis main page when its ready and well checked for grammar/spelling etc...

- LilleCarl

Well creating a new article is very simple, although not really obvious: Just enter the URL of the wanted page (like http://getmangos.eu/wiki/My_New_Tutorial ) and the wiki software will present you page telling that the "My New Tutorial" article doesn't exist, but gives you the option to edit the page (which effectively creates the article)

There's also other ways to get to that default page, but they are effectively the same...

More information: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Starting_a_new_page

(you may find more information there, the help section within our wiki seems rather incomplete...)

I'm not sure what kind of information you have in mind, it seems the Debian and Ubuntu articles still haven't been updated to cmake yet (i only updated the generic linux article), would really be nice if someone could give them some love, probably the Debian one could/should just be updated to the latest stable release.

Hm looks a lot like an update version of the Lenny article to me ^^

I just marked the Ubuntu and Debian Lenny articles as outdated, maybe that will motivate someone to update them to cmake and possible changes to current distro versions.

I think the edited guide i just added could be in better shape, modded for cmake, sd2 etc.... its just a few lines left to fix