I can't compile mangos x64

• 41 years later...

Hi,

I am trying to compile mangos using visual c++ 2010 express edition.

I am using windows 7 64 bit edition.

I use git gui to pull the source code for mangos and so far no problems.

when i open vc++ and select the "mangosdVC100" I get the following warnings:

C:\\Users\\Oci\\Desktop\\sources\\mangos_core\\win\\VC100\\game.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'game' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'.

C:\\Users\\Oci\\Desktop\\sources\\mangos_core\\win\\VC100\\shared.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'shared' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'.

C:\\Users\\Oci\\Desktop\\sources\\mangos_core\\win\\VC100\\mangosd.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'mangosd' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'.

C:\\Users\\Oci\\Desktop\\sources\\mangos_core\\win\\VC100\\zlib.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'zlib' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'.

C:\\Users\\Oci\\Desktop\\sources\\mangos_core\\win\\VC100\\framework.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'framework' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'.

C:\\Users\\Oci\\Desktop\\sources\\mangos_core\\win\\VC100\\realmd.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'realmd' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'.

C:\\Users\\Oci\\Desktop\\sources\\mangos_core\\win\\VC100\\g3dlite.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'g3dlite' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'.

C:\\Users\\Oci\\Desktop\\sources\\mangos_core\\win\\VC100\\genrevision.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'genrevision' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'.

C:\\Users\\Oci\\Desktop\\sources\\mangos_core\\win\\VC100\\ACE_vc10.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'ACE_Wrappers' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'.

C:\\Users\\Oci\\Desktop\\sources\\mangos_core\\win\\VC100\\tbbmalloc.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'tbbmalloc' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'.

C:\\Users\\Oci\\Desktop\\sources\\mangos_core\\win\\VC100\\tbb.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'tbb' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'.

Can somebody please help me because I've tried compiling mangos for a x64 windows system but at the end of the build there is only one successful build and 10 skipped builds.

Do I need additional software to compile x64 versions of mangos?

Thanks in advance

thanks for the posts.

BTW I downloaded and installed the visual studio 2010 professional (trial version).

I set the parameters (sorry if incorrect word) to release and x64 in the configuration manager.

but at the end of the build solution i am still left with 8 successful and 3 failed builds.

I actually get a couple of fatal errors along the way.

shouldn't VS 2010 professional have x64 capability by default?

No, the professional always have x64 capability. Even if not it would not compile anything, but surely not 8 from 11 parts. This now must be an other problem. Have you tried to compile the basic mangos part for stand alone, without any additional patches like scriptdev?

No, the professional always have x64 capability. Even if not it would not compile anything, but surely not 8 from 11 parts. This now must be an other problem. Have you tried to compile the basic mangos part for stand alone, without any additional patches like scriptdev?

No i always compile it with scriptdev.

i'll try to compile it without any additional patch to test it out. from what i can remember one of the errors mentioned that there was a missing folder. i'm at work right now so i can't say the specific error. hope i get to finally compile to the latest mangos rev by today.

BTW: not related to my above problem. when i was pulling the latest sources from the mangos git repository after doing its thing it popped a window saying something along the lines of "master 400 branch..." (don't remember it clearly). I thought i read somewhere in these forums that mangos would most likely not support cataclysm due to breaching some laws or something like that if it did. can somebody shed some light on this one?