Is there anyone extract the dbc/maps/vmaps success before?

hi, I have compiled the extractor tools on linux centos 5.6 64bit successfully, but it doesn't work, I also try to use the bin file which locate in the source, the errors always as below:

---------------------------------------------------------

Map & DBC Extractor

===================

Detected locale: zhCN

Opening /mnt/hgfs/World of Warcraft//Data/zhCN/locale-zhCN.MPQ

Opening /mnt/hgfs/World of Warcraft//Data/zhCN/patch-zhCN.MPQ

Opening /mnt/hgfs/World of Warcraft//Data/zhCN/patch-zhCN-2.MPQ

Opening /mnt/hgfs/World of Warcraft//Data/zhCN/patch-zhCN-3.MPQ

Fatal error: Invalid component.wow-zhCN.txt file format!

---------------------------------------------------------

Extract V3.00 2010_07. Beginning work ....

Game path: Data//

Found locale 'zhCN'

Found locale 'enCN'

Adding data files from locale directories.

Scanning patch levels from data directory.

Scanning patch levels from locale directories.

Locale: zhCN

Locale: enCN

Opening Data//zhCN/locale-zhCN.MPQ

Opening Data//zhCN/expansion-locale-zhCN.MPQ

Opening Data//zhCN/lichking-locale-zhCN.MPQ

Opening Data//enCN/locale-enCN.MPQ

Opening Data//enCN/expansion-locale-enCN.MPQ

Opening Data//enCN/lichking-locale-enCN.MPQ

Opening Data//common.MPQ

Opening Data//common-2.MPQ

Opening Data//expansion.MPQ

Opening Data//lichking.MPQ

Opening Data//patch.MPQ

Opening Data//patch-2.MPQ

Opening Data//patch-3.MPQ

Opening Data//zhCN/patch-zhCN.MPQ

Opening Data//zhCN/patch-zhCN-2.MPQ

Opening Data//zhCN/patch-zhCN-3.MPQ

Opening Data//enCN/patch-enCN.MPQ

Opening Data//enCN/patch-enCN-2.MPQ

Opening Data//enCN/patch-enCN-3.MPQ

Read LiquidType.dbc file...Done! (26 LiqTypes loaded)

Extracting World\\wmo\\Azeroth\\Buildings\\Duskwood_human_farm\\humanfarm_AB.wmo

Segmentation fault

Anyway, I have rename the "component.wow-zhCN.txt" with MPQEditor, and I also try to use the tools on windows, never success.

another question, why can't we use the dbc/maps/vmaps files directly generated by trinitycore tools? it works well both on windows and linux.

Is there anyone would help me with it?

Map & DBC Extractor

===================

Detected locale: zhCN

Opening /mnt/hgfs/World of Warcraft//Data/zhCN/locale-zhCN.MPQ

Opening /mnt/hgfs/World of Warcraft//Data/zhCN/patch-zhCN.MPQ

Opening /mnt/hgfs/World of Warcraft//Data/zhCN/patch-zhCN-2.MPQ

Opening /mnt/hgfs/World of Warcraft//Data/zhCN/patch-zhCN-3.MPQ

Fatal error: Invalid component.wow-zhCN.txt file format!

In the last line he should say "Detected client build: 12340", so you properly use a wrong client version or wrong extractor. But there could also appear error if...

- You trying to run the extractor without adequate access to the files and/or registry (Administrator rights in Windows)

- You trying to extract data from a game directory, which is not referenced as the "installed directory" in the registry. This can be easy fixed by starting the "launcher.exe" once.

- There are problems with any other subdirectories in the game folder. Before extracting, I suggest to remove any subfolder in the game directory except "Data". You do need them for extracting and they will be recreated when launching the game.

- The files in the data directory are corrupt. Unfortunately the "repair.exe" from any pre-Cataclysm client does not work anymore since the release of cataclysm, so you need to reinstall for checking this.

another question, why can't we use the dbc/maps/vmaps files directly generated by trinitycore tools?

Properly you can, but this is the MaNGOS project, developing their own stuff, and the main objective is learning how to handle something, not to copy some functional stuff from other.

The extractor is compiled on centos by myself with the latest source code from ManGOS. The client version is 3.3.5, and it works well for TrinityCore project, so I am sure I have adequate access to the files. I want to know whether ManGOS can support "zhCN" version at this moment?

I suggestting that using the dbc/maps/vmpas generated by TrinityCore tools is want the learners take more energy for the simulator server, not encourage the learner just copy stuff.

Anyway, ManGOS is not support the dbc/maps/vmaps generated by TrinityCore tools at this moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use