Mangos and EKOPath 4

Guest Princess

I think there may be some misleading statements on the part of Pathscale. The "open source" part of their announcement seems only to apply to the nightly development build download, of which there is a plainly posted link on the compiler's home page. I'd prefer not to be a free beta-tester for their commercial product, but maybe it's a start of something better down the line.

Whether or not you can get the stable, free version for the *nix-based OSes by registering for the free trial is anybody's guess until someone tries it.

@MasterControlProgram: Doesn't matter eh? We archers already have it in AUR since the first opensource announce (though it needs /usr/lib64): [1]

@UnkleNuke: You wont be beta tester for their final product. It was announced that ekopath will be opensource at github (pathscale already has a reop with some stuff). They'll make enough money with Enzo and paid support.

Anyways, you currently can't build MaNGOS with ekopath and I highly doubt that our devs will try to support another 64bit compiler. Just have a look how often gcc compile breaks. Even if MaNGOS core would build there are some nasty third party libraries (Intel TreadBuildingBlocks and ACE) that wont build.

Regards

Skirnir

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49808&comments=all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use