MaNGOSDevTool to help testing builds and custom code on Linux

Drevan

Hi guys,

I've been working on a little tool to help speed up and generally be lazy(!) when testing patches and custom code in MaNGOS under Linux.

[h]What does it do?[/h]

• Fetches source code.
  • Configures and builds.
  • Resets local source.
  • Displays output.

...at the click of 3 buttons. I am still working on GUI design in GTK however have been thinking about adding check boxes for custom build options such as DACE_USE_EXTERNAL, and maybe a text field for complete control over it.

Some features I have thought about and would like feedback on:

• Output file logging.
  • Custom build options.
  • make -j support. (important imo)
  • Field to auto apply patches prior to build.
  • ScriptDev2 support.
  • Simple debugging.

[h]What this tool is not?[/h]

A way for you to simply compile your 'release' binaries. This project is for me to learn C# programming with GTK# on Linux via Mono, and make life easier for myself, (and others) who re-compile often when testing. This tool will be for testing and debugging not producing release compiles.

Here is a screen-shot of current GUI layout, will be more updates as project gets closer to the point of sticking up on Github.

Screenshothttp://imgftw.net/img/853927346.png[/img]

MaNGOSDevTool on Github: https://github.com/painejake/MaNGOSDevTool/

Nice. Currently I can't think of leaving the console, but looks promising :)

Regards

Skirnir

Yeah there isn't really anything that is quicker than using a terminal, I'm hoping though people who are working on a patch this may come in handy applying and recompiling in one or two click. Again it's a learning project for me with the hope it's useful to others too.

Thanks for the feedback though! Appreciated :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use