Mangos milestone

Auntie Mangos

• 41 years later...

Hi,

i looking for some mangos road, coz i see so many job on 3.X but idk when to mangos come vehicles, dungeon f. etc. i dont need this coz mangos for me is C++ & SQL learning but is there any progression? some developer work on this or ther are still only custom patches?

• 1 month later...

@Schmoozerd, It may be advisable to put a more real problem in the roadmap? For example, "to do at least one commit per week"?

LFG not may be next milestone, before implementing LFG must be implemented at least 2 big feature (compartible by difficulty) - spell_dbc (or somewhere concurrent) and "rewrite map access". If you do not know, then in R2 are all made 7 months ago. See

http://ru-mangos.ru/showthread.php?t=3939

It is not so much exalting the MaNGOS team as being aware of their methods in implementing missing features and then comparing this to how the forks do their work. It is a really simple matter to disprove my statements by showing how LFG or Vehicles were done without the use of hacks and workarounds.

I am not putting down the work of others. It is simply a fact I have presented to give balance and information. Many in the R2 team have done amazing things, so have the Trinity devs and a great many more.

The biggest reason forked projects do exist is because someone felt their way was best. That does not make it wrong, but it in no way invalidates the efforts put forth here in this community. The MaNGOS devs may not do things your way, yet their work is no less brilliant.

LFG is a good benchmark for a milestone, even though I feel Vehicles is needed far more. However, there are still many more foundational modules needed before Vehicles can be implemented according to MaNGOS standards.

the problem is not in haks or workarounds, and certainly not in the "mangos standards", but in a simple lack of developers, or their unfounded snobbery. ideas and code are ready to actively offer the project when it develops and is ahead of other projects. when he was lagging behind other similar - very few people need it.

You are absolutely right that we have few enough talented developers that understand how the client and server work. Snobbery, conflict, and being unwilling to accept other ideas has no place here or in any other MaNGOS project.

Simply because we have different ways of doing things is no reason to separate ourselves. The MaNGOS devs have decided to adopt certain standards in their work and they adhere to it rigidly, but they have reasons. Just as R2 and other projects have their own standards, such that it can cause anger when someone works so hard on a patch, only to have it rejected. The difference is in how a developer decides to handle the rejection. They can choose to complain and flame or do the right thing by attempting to fix their patch until it can be acceptable. Yes, it is more work, but everyone benefits by learning more and implementing features that can then be used to add still more features.

Please do not think I believe the code developed by other groups is inferior. I admire the ability of you all and wish I possessed even a tenth of your skills and knowledge. What I do not admire is when people feel it is needed to make the work of another seem poor. R2 and other cores may have more working features, but it does not make them superior to MaNGOS. We are all equal. The methods for programming may be different, yet are we not all working towards the goal emulating a massive game server by learning how these functions work?

I say we should respect each other's work, but we should also honor the way each group handles their project by submitting code that meets their ideals.

I do not really understand what you want me to say. that the code does not match R2 mangos coding standarts? this is not true, in fact, commit mangos last three months to meet these standards, much less than many commits R2. "do the above mangos" - quite funny, if you look carefully, on the home page was listed R2 - "R2 - not a separate project! only custom fork of mangos project".

difference is not at all, how a developer decides to handle the rejection. difference is that the R2 team is doing something at all, and, moreover, seeks (and finds) the necessary code from third-party developers on their own, rather than waiting until it will bring on a silver platter. and in any case, I will never smear snot on the table and that "the patch is not presented for adoption and not finished." if the code is required - I can finish it himself.

http://pastebin.com/H7X8H4cJ

If you will read my previous post more carefully, I believe you will discover I paid you and R2 a great compliment. Then you reply with still more empty criticism of MaNGOS, which makes my praise of you seem foolish. I wish you all the best fortune in your work, but to continue flaming the MaNGOS core team marks you as someone who simply has nothing better to do here than tear down others so you may look superior.

I think you may misunderstand the work of the MaNGOS devs. They do not necessarily dig through the hundreds of forks to find code that can be added to the official core, but it has been known to happen. Instead, the idea is that the project is open to all and they are free to give back to this community by contributing patches. Many do not because their code does not meet the standards established by MaNGOS, they have had personal conflicts with the developers here, or they simply wish to keep the work for themselves to have "bragging rights" that their core has a "working" feature no other core has.

[em]The MaNGOS Foundation believes it is a fundamental right for everyone to learn without restriction or reprisals.[/em] As such, everyone is free to come participate. R2, like many other core projects, may only focus on code, but MaNGOS is far more than this. You may choose to continue to keep yourself separate from this community, but it only serves to diminish the whole. There is still much we can all learn from each other.

Will you help for the good of all by sharing knowledge and code, [em]to give others the opportunity to learn[/em]? That is why we are supposed to be here.

perhaps we still speak different languages:) I can not understand how my desire to do what I'm wondering, can interfere with "The MaNGOS Foundation believes it is a fundamental right for everyone to learn without restriction or reprisals". I also hard to understand why you think that I was separated from the community - rather, it is very few remaining active members of the mangos team (team != community) were separated, and are far behind me (or rather from us). I am always ready to learn something, unfortunately something new this year came from members of the mangos team a few times. not be called a new and clever those stupid things out - for whom we have quarreled with Schmoozerd.

so you go in probably the last existing actively updated brunch mangos, share ideas, "to give others the opportunity to learn. That is why we are supposed to be here".

"here" - not exclusive github/mangos. github/mangosR2 - also "here".

I believe you're misunderstanding me on purpose, now. Even if English is not your native language, I have seem you comprehend a great many things when it suits you.

I've said it in several different ways over many weeks, but your mind appears set.

I had hoped you would see that constant criticism without constructive lessons is a waste.

I have long not criticizing anybody - no sence. sorry if you do not understand ...

constructive lessons your may give in R2 branch. you can offer the best option?

I have no desire, and I can not convince anyone of the correctness and necessity made me the code. like - use, do not like - forget it.