[solved]Ad.exe flashes on screen, but will not run

Kalacia

Hi,

Firstly i would like to apologise if this has already been asked, i could not find the responce with 2 searches.

Ad.exe wont run for me... i will elaborate.

I have windows 7 running in a virtual machine with 2GB of ram and 2* 40GB hard disc allocation. I have ran the compiler with VS 2010 and got to the stage of running ad.exe from the wow directory (i have placed the wow files themselves on the second disc for redundency) . However whenever i run the ad.exe it just flashes on the screen and goes away, i have ran this in admin as well as compatability mode. I have redownloaded the file to makesure its not corrupt and also rebooted the VM machine but get the same problem. I have read on the net there are other map tools out there but they may cause an imcompatability issue with mangos.

I work with computers in a tech support/networking role, but my codeing background is just higher than the rank of noob so i am having to go though this step by step from the wiki. Any idea would be much loved.

OH and if an admin reads this, kudos on the registration question... hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy referance made me lol

Awesome, thank you .... did not think to run it via CMD.

I now have the error "could not find data/common.mpq-2"

Gonna work on fixing that one now. Suppose ill look into what versions of wow the file should work with.. as mine was "new" just as firelands hit.

Thanks again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use