Trainer with uncategorized spells, or a whole new class

Deldrimore

Hi everybody! I didn't know what to put up on the title to explain myself. Here is my doubt:

I want to create a new class, and i wonder:

1. Is it possible to make a trainer that teaches spells from other classes to one class (for example frost nova to shaman)? I've tried everything and spells of the class appear but from other classes don't.

2. If i can't do a trainer what about a vendor that sells spellbooks for teaching those skills? Is this possible? I tried to create the spellbook but im unable to make it trainable or usable for learn the skill.

3. Making an npc that when u talk to him he teaches u using .learn commands? I don't even know what i mean...

4. Creating a whole new class?

I have spent a few days looking up the database, finding things on the internet trying to understand how i can do this :(

The only thing i know i possible is that character starts with that spells but is not what i want at least if i can't do a new class.

I use mangoszero rev. 1809 for 1.12.1 client.

Thanks in advance,

Del

This is what i have tried so far:

Trainer with custom spells to learn (unable)

Item like a spellbook or codex to learn a custom spell (unable)

Teach spell by quest reward (unable)

The last thing rounds my mind is making somehow a option for a npc for use .learn command and teach the target the spells.

But i don't have any idea how to do it. Help me!

Del

Well thanks for your support lillecarl, now please don't waste your time helping ... well ... posting useful things.

Noone wants to make a custom trainer? Too many if not in this forum in others, believe me but unfortunately seems that nobody knows how to do it. Take a look around.

If u don't know how to do it, don't mess around saying mangos is not meant...blablabla.

Someone can support in this forum?

This function in Player.cpp:

Player::IsSpellFitByClassAndRace

Enough said, now you can do whatever you want with it and it aint that hard either.

EDIT:

Those lines are limiting what should be visible to players:

// skip wrong race skills

if (abilityEntry->racemask && (abilityEntry->racemask & racemask) == 0)

continue;

// skip wrong class skills

if (abilityEntry->classmask && (abilityEntry->classmask & classmask) == 0)

continue;

You will not be able to do a proper "fix" without modifying the entire trainer "codebase" which seems to be too much for you if you cannot "go to defenition" to functions from the handletrainerlist opcode.

Look, the easiest way for you to do this would be to modify the DBC files and change the flags on the spells you want to be "global"

But, since modifying DBC files is "illegal" we cannot assist you with doing it, but you can get a DBC editor and try for yourself ;) If you succeed, that is nice. If you dont, then you have a hard time learning basic C++ ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use