Guid reordering

Guest lillecarl

Well, i am not smart enough for this, but many people say reordering guids would increase performance. Are there any way to check server-side what "low guids" that are free, and reorder on the run? Maby you can run some code that inspects the data vectors (i think its vectors?) and see if there are any lower guids available for use?

It mostly related to memory use and impossibility create new guids at some moment.

Possible 2 way: reorder guids at server startup. This already used for group guids and some other as i remember.

Alt. way as you suggest collect free guids and re-use its. This case more dynamic work and not req. server restart, but it have bad side:

store like free guids can need lot memory. Ofc, maybe better way mixed: reorder at startup and then collect and reuse guids.

It mostly related to memory use and impossibility create new guids at some moment.

Possible 2 way: reorder guids at server startup. This already used for group guids and some other as i remember.

Alt. way as you suggest collect free guids and re-use its. This case more dynamic work and not req. server restart, but it have bad side:

store like free guids can need lot memory. Ofc, maybe better way mixed: reorder at startup and then collect and reuse guids.

Could this startup reordering be made in a somewhat quick way? I saw somewhere it can take hours if you got a big database...

Vladimir has retired? :o

Your knowledge and talents will be missed, but your presence as one of the driving forces behind MaNGOS will be missed even more.

Thank you for all you have given us, Vladimir. The joy of learning and the smiles we've had as all of us explore our private worlds is your legacy.

The very best wishes to you in whatever your hand finds to do next. :)

sart13, clearly for me you not for help at forum but just for trolling. Grow up own ego by bashing project?

I am not "bashing" the project, he quietly die without my intervention. prior to your departure from the project still had a chance, now I am afraid it is not relevant. Unfortunately, the endless death of the mangos project means death (perhaps a little lazy) spent me the effort... so rejoice in any case there is nothing.

And sart, you should try pushing MR2 commits to master and keep the project alive

begin again the old and silly attacks "you do not help mangos"? Yes, I can not do it - or we must pull up mangos for about six months to a year of development, or R2 to roll back the same amount. such as the ongoing development of IOC - how its push into mangos, if there is not as much as 2 levels of the subsystems necessary for it to work? I do not mention about the regular removal of my posts here.

even with the disrespect of flaming this thread I must call this up:

"VladimirMangos, u must come back... don't let us die... it is u who kept the real pilons of this project over the year and it is your who shall revitalize it once again. It is you who can make mangos lead over trinity and mangosr2 with great features and awesome improvements to this wonderfull project.

In this times, when everyone is complaining of mangos steping back with the project, u can rise up and make the impossible, possible... call for aid all the mangos developers, get back to life this project..."

We were many but now we are few... somebody need to take the lead Vladimir... I don't see much TheLuda in the service of mangos ... only schomoozed, xfurry, patman and silverice somewhere behind the desk.

Vladimir think about all the wonderfull moments we spent together as a community, think of the achives we had over the milestones! Think that u can get us in line...

This project need a leader...

Respect

I think MaNGOS will continue on, regardless of how many in the "old guard" remain.

Personally, I wish Vlad would remain. He has been the tip of the spear in MaNGOS development. Regardless, we must respect Vladimir's choice and honor his long service to this community by honoring his freedom to pursue happiness where he finds it.

MaNGOS was founded upon an ideal greater than just C++ code. It gives all who wish a way to learn about massive game object servers, founded upon the ideal that the freedom to learn is an inalienable human right.

Thanks to those like Schmoozerd, Xfurry, Patman, SilverIce, and many others, the code does keep coming and they shine as an example for us all to follow.

MaNGOS will not die so long as its people are willing to step forward and join the ranks of developers, hashing out code and suffering sleepless nights of bug hunting. This community has weathered far worse, and will remain strong so long as its members take an active part in keeping it alive.

As for me, MaNGOS will never truly die, so long as I have a computer, compiler, and time to learn. I'm finally getting my hardware and software troubles sorted out, and soon plan to pick up my C++ books once more in the hopes that I may, someday, find my own patches in the "under review" section. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use