item to read db instead of dbc?

Guest cowchmonkey

can someone tell me where to find

#
# DBC.EnforceItemAttributes
# Description: Disallow overriding item attributes stored in DBC files with values from the
# database.
# Default: 1 - (Enabled, Enforce DBC values)
# 0 - (Disabled, Use database values)

that or is there something like that inmangos i came across this looking for it on google and ive seached the code and cant find anything. thanks in advance

If you mean to use this feature to implement custom items on WoW clients newer than 3.2.2a, forget it.

Blizz patched later client versions with hard-coded links to the items in the DBC files. You can still use custom items, but it requires reusing deprecated item IDs of the same type. So, if you wanted a custom dagger, you'd have to find an unused ID for a dagger that is no longer in the game.

You'll still have the problem of custom items appearing in the game's UI with a large, red question mark as its icon. To my knowledge, there is no way to fix this except by using a UI add-on that overrides this behavior by forcing the client to use a specified icon.

If you mean to use this feature to implement custom items on WoW clients newer than 3.2.2a, forget it.

Blizz patched later client versions with hard-coded links to the items in the DBC files. You can still use custom items, but it requires reusing deprecated item IDs of the same type. So, if you wanted a custom dagger, you'd have to find an unused ID for a dagger that is no longer in the game.

You'll still have the problem of custom items appearing in the game's UI with a large, red question mark as its icon. To my knowledge, there is no way to fix this except by using a UI add-on that overrides this behavior by forcing the client to use a specified icon.

ty i wasnt sure just throught i would ask so im guesssing editing the server dbc wouldnt do anything

So you want to disallow item_template from overriding the values in the DBCs? That's what that option is talking about.

Or you want the opposite, to override DBC values with item_template values? You can't do that, the client will just ignore them. You would have to patch the client, which, as Nuke said, is discouraged.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use