Too many herbs and such!

Xenithar

I mentioned having way to many herbs and ore deposits showing up on my zero server a while back and somebody replied mentioning pooling. I cannot find any setting for pooling in my configuration files. How do I enable this so I can cut down on some of the herb spawns?

The pooling mentioned is a system in the server core to be able to say "<this> can spawn in one of several locations", but in the end it's up to your database to make use of it (or not). I don't know about your database, but I think the herbs aren't pooled yet in UDB (not in TBC-DB, their 2.4.3 version, anyway). In that case, there's probably not much you can do yet except delete a few herbs spawns in your database :)

That's just it, Xenithar. The trouble is exactly with the database. For whatever reason, the Zero Database has incorrectly set the spawns for those nodes. You can bug them to correct it or dig into the database and fix it yourself.

I know there were once patches submitted to UDB to correct spawns for minerals and herbs, but the forums suffered a hard crash and much was lost.

There is a thread over there that discusses herb spawns. not enough herbs

You'll need to register an account at UDB to view their forums.

While you're at it, you might like to check in on the developers of ScriptDev2 and ACID, the basis for Zero's scripting module. ScriptDev2 and ACID Forums

Here is the SQL data from the proposed changes to the pool data for herb spawns, posted in the thread I linked at UDB, file name is [em]pool-template-autoselect.sql[/em]

-- some pools aggregate using pool_pool, others do it using pool_gameobject directly, so we need two different update queries

-- first, the pool_gameobject updates:

update pool_template pt join (select pgo.pool_entry, count(1) zone_total from pool_gameobject pgo join pool_template pt on pgo.pool_entry=pt.entry where pt.description like "MASTER%" or pt.description like "%MASTER" group by pool_entry) tpgo on pt.entry = tpgo.pool_entry set pt.max_limit=ceil(tpgo.zone_total/3);

-- to "preview" the changes from one of the above updates, run this query

select pt.description, pt.max_limit, ceil(tpgo.zone_total/3) new_limit from pool_template pt join (select pgo.pool_entry, count(1) zone_total from pool_gameobject pgo join pool_template pt on pgo.pool_entry=pt.entry where pt.description like "MASTER%" or pt.description like "%MASTER" group by pool_entry) tpgo on pt.entry = tpgo.pool_entry order by description;

-- second, the pool_pool updates:

update pool_template pt join (select pp.mother_pool, count(1) pool_total from pool_pool pp join pool_template pt on pp.mother_pool=pt.entry where pt.description like "MASTER%" or pt.description like "%MASTER" group by mother_pool) tpp on pt.entry = tpp.mother_pool set pt.max_limit=ceil(tpp.pool_total/3);

-- to "preview" the change from those updates, run this query

select pt.description, pt.max_limit, ceil(tpp.pool_total/3) new_limit from pool_template pt join (select pp.mother_pool, count(1) pool_total from pool_pool pp join pool_template pt on pp.mother_pool=pt.entry where pt.description like "MASTER%" or pt.description like "%MASTER" group by mother_pool) tpp on pt.entry = tpp.mother_pool order by description;

The patch is nearly a year old, so UDB may have already corrected this issue, but it might still apply to your database.

Sorry, but that's the best I can do for now. I'm a bit rusty on database stuff after my server being down for such a long while.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use