[Zero]Skill training problem with druids...

Xenithar

Alright, I found my first major bug in Zero. All skills under the feral tree for druids are available at level 10. All three ranks in bash, claw, everything. Is this a problem with some extracted data from the dbc files or is this a database issue from whomever entered those skills? Also, how can I fix this? I can probably work my way through the database using UPDATE queries, but I will need some info on what level each skill becomes available.

Oops! Sorry about that. I completely missed the fact you were referring to the class trainer. I suppose it was the mention of "feral tree" that gave me tunnel vision. :8

I was under the impression that MaNGOS-Zero was nearly complete in its features, the closest of all the MaNGOS branches to being just like retail. Either that view is totally wrong, given all these major bugs you keep finding, or it's possible you made a mistake with updating your database, thus introducing errors into the table data.

It could be a database issue, with the wrong value set by one of the DB devs for either the class trainer or the skills.

By the way... Did you happen to install ACID 1.0.3? It mostly concerns the behavior of trash mobs, but is as nice an addition to your server as ScriptDev0 or movemaps.

It would certainly help if others had similar reports. Then, we could confirm if it's a bug or just a bad DB installation.

The only trouble with the MaNGOS-Zero community site disintegrating is that you are going to need some sort of tech support. Now I wish I had been a little stronger in my arguments for giving Zero and One their own forum sections here. This way, it would at least give all of you a central point to gather and try helping each other. I'm willing to go the extra mile to help someone, especially you, but I'd hate to persuade myself to actually set up my own Zero server to help confirm these as bugs, since I've been trying to get my own server back online and make the transition from Windows XP over to Debian on my server box. Then again, it might be as fun as when you were first setting things up, working with you on these issues... if you don't mind me tagging along like a lost puppy. :lol: (note to self: read up on running multiple server instances.)

If it can be confirmed as a bug, you may wish to post this and the other issues you've found, like Rockbiter, in the Bug Reports section. One post per bug, with [Zero] prefixed to the subject to identify which server branch it concerns. At the top of the body of your post, place the revisions of the server, scriptdev, and database, plus any additional branches like movemaps or playerbot. Use as much detail as possible, so others can try to reproduce the bug. Be ready to post logs and/or stack dumps of the errors if you have them.

I have a list of bugs, such as mobs or pets disappearing while moving and then reappearing, spirit healers being visible to live characters, rare mobs being shown as elite with no elite stats, etc. Once I get my new broadband connection up I can allow you into my server to view and work on these problems with me, but right now I am firewalled from outside my LAN, so no-go there. Hopefully the fiance will have a new job this month and I can afford the new wideband (50Mbps Roadrunner O_O) cable and we should be good. I will keep you posted.

My goal right now is to get a 100% Blizzlike 1.12.1 server up, then export the data and hand it to the Zero devs so we can have a 100% perfect reincarnation of 1.12. After that I will probably work on 1.8.x for the REALLY old guys like myself who want large pets that are actually unique. Then I will be happy!

Either way, I can drop the MaNGOS database and leave the realmd database so I don't lose characters, then re-import the MaNGOS Zero database, but I don't think that is the issue. I dropped everything and did it from scratch after I had it down-pact, so it should be fine.

That's nice, but I am referring to the skills you train in, not talents. At level 10, all feral druid skills become available at all trainers. In other words, skills that are not usable until you get cat-form are available to be trained at level 10.

Afaik there was a similar problem on master not so long ago and it got fixed, can't remember what rev. tho.

I figured the One server is more similar to how Zero functions than the master (Three?), so I did a brief comparison of the diff between the commit in One with Zero's code.

Zero does not have this patch, but it does look as though the patch in One should drop right into Zero's code base with little modification, if any.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use