MangosZero maps, vmaps, dbc files

Hi! I wish my first post could be helpful rather than seeming desperate.... but I am having problems extracting files for a 1.12.1 server.

I ran ad.exe from within the "C:\\Program Files(x86)\\World of Warcraft\\" folder (a 1.12.1 installation), and from that I received a maps folder with 2429 files, and a dbc folder with 158 files. I'm assuming that's all I need as far as maps and dbc files go.

But I seem to be having a hard time getting any vmaps. I ran the makevmaps_SIMPLE.bat and the 'make vmaps.bat' files in the root WoW folder and I just get errors about there being no locales found. The version is vmapextract_v2.exe. Maybe this one doesn't work with 1.12.1? I'm not sure if that's the case.

Does anyone have any ideas or another version they think will be able to extract vmaps?

I just tried that, but same error. It says "Could not open data directory for reading... aborting", but the Data directory is right there, "C:\\World of Warcraft\\Data". I am running the .bat from "C:\\World of Warcraft". I notice that the moment I run the .bat files, I get a Windows 7 error telling me that "vmapextract_v2.exe has stopped working", and the only option from there is to "Close program".

I do notice however that my game folder and data folders show up as Read-Only in properties, so I thought maybe that is getting in the way.. but the read-only status keeps coming back the moment I give it write access.

I just figured it out for those having problems. I was using extractor tools I found linked on the internet (it seems not many people run 1.12 servers, so the only tools you can find are for TBC and up). I couldn't find where to get the tools needed, but realized they come packaged in the Mangoz-Zero server files in git. If you dig in the folders you find the proper ad.exe and vmapextract_v3 that you need.

Now all I need is an updated Mangoz-Zero walkthrough for Linux, and I'm set.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use