Multiple connections from same IP? Two different accounts.

g1bb0n

I am trying to connect from two different computers behind the same router (not on the servers network), and one of them connects fine from one computer but the other one doesn't. Is there a limit on how many users can connect from the same IP? I've looked at router settings, disabled firewalls, and tried all I can think of on the client ends. Does Mangos limit connections bt IP as a security feature or something?

Could we try to summit this?

you got a setup like this?

Server:

External_Server (Hosted somewhere)

Home Network:

Router (Managing computer1 and computer2)

computer1

computer2

If that is the case, then the problem is not related to mangos, because mangos accepts unlimited connections from the same ip address. If the server is on your home network like this:

Home Network:

Router

Server and wow computer

wow computer

Then the problem might be that you bond your realmlist to 127.0.0.1 (Home) and that makes noone else able to log on to your server. There are probably some more scenarios, but i just want to get a clue about your setup.

Also paste your configuration files on http://paste2.org and also paste the data of your "realmlist" database table and then link them here (But do not forget to change the config passwords so you dont get vurnerable)

There IS a limit if it's a player account. Only one player account can be connected at the same time. GM Accounts you can have as many instances connecting as you want (regardless of the IP).

Also, you said Computer1 connects but then Computer2 can't connect.... Can Computer2 connect if Computer1 is NOT connected?

No there aint, then show me the code and give me the reason to why mangos would limit the account of connections from the same ip address? Imagine a LAN-Party? I had 9 simultaneous connections from the same ip address to my mangos server, and none of them were gamemaster accounts. There are no reason to why they would waste their time on coding such thing. It's not blizzlike, not usable for anything good etc... so that is a big no. Unless there are some config to enable/disable this feature.

Lillecarl, it is the first setup. Neither of the two connecting computers are on the server network. I dont have a hosting service, its just a seperate internet connection that I use for servers away from home (ssh for learning bash scrupting and stuff). I have already set my local IP accordingly in realmd.sql and have successfully connected over the net , showing i have forwarde the ports correctly. Since neither player account cant connect from one of the computers, maybe the fault lies with that client computer.

well if one computer is connecting and the other is not, it does sound like you have everything configured right to me. Are both client computers running the same version of the client, 12340 in the case of mangos master and to clarify have you configured both client computers to connect to the correct server either by altering realmlist.wtf, your systems host file, or your own (private) dns records

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use