Vmap Crash of Oregon affects also Mangos?

Guest crashuncle

I noticed that Oregon is crashing often recently due to a VMAP issue. I heard that Mangos has / had the same crash issue, have you found a fix for it or did anyone find out at least the cause yet?

I posted 3 detailed GDB crash reports at the following link:

http://pastebin.com/ap2KnV9i

A slightly different crash report which is probably related:

http://pastebin.com/xBMfZhny

You cannot compare oregoncore crashes to mangos like that really, maby oregoncore git just one line different then mangos making it work/not work. And i have not had any mangos one crash in a very long time. Except my own creations and menory overload i have git 0 really. But i have bot had any load on my server so i cannot say that it doesnt exist tho. But try mangos and see what we deliver from here!:) And also remember! MaNGOS is the place where all new systems are born;)

Thank you for your fast replies :)

You cannot compare oregoncore crashes to mangos like that really, maby oregoncore git just one line different then mangos making it work/not work. And i have not had any mangos one crash in a very long time. Except my own creations and menory overload i have git 0 really. But i have bot had any load on my server so i cannot say that it doesnt exist tho. But try mangos and see what we deliver from here!:) And also remember! MaNGOS is the place where all new systems are born;)

I know Mangos pretty good and check the source of Mangos since years, the code quality is compared to other projects (Which are indeed most of the time based on Mangos) way better. I learned in general a lot about MMORPG developing from Mangos, that is one of the reasons why I supported Mangos at least with a few small donations and in the future maybe even with some fixes once my developing skills are better.

In the log m_mapId = 4294967295 which is -1 represented in unsigned. Where exactly are you? Are your players allowed in non retail like areas?

The crash is coming quite randomly and I wasn't able to reproduce it myself yet. Well players can go on all retail areas, the testing map (cube) and the old unused Azshara map. They have both a small map ID value though so I have no idea why a function would send "-1" as map value.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use