[Zero] Playerbot (Classic)

Guest blueboy_

What is Playerbot?

It lets you add additional characters from your account (normally upto 9), as bots that you control.

The bots assist in all aspects of normal game play, combat, trading, questing and much much more….

Sorry they can't make coffee yet :(

More Information: Playerbot Wiki

Source: Playerbot Development Code

Report bugs: Playerbot Issues

(If possible)

Additional Links: Playerbot Forum

This is a community project and all contributions are welcome. I would like to acknowledge the hard work of all

those who have previously contributed and made Playerbot what it is today

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, I've only just replied to your post on Github.

https://github.com/blueboy/portalzero/issues/1

I have been busy updating the portalzero master code to be compatible with the current mangos zero core. Long overdue I know :rolleyes: , but very few people seemed to be interested in the port since I created it. There were tons of merge conflicts to fix, including the GetTrainerSpellState issue ( that you addressed yourself) , but I'm please to say that they're all done now. I'll be pushing the code shortly and then I'll do the same with the portalone zeronew-ai branch.

Hope this helps

Thank you for taking time to look at and update portalzero. As you already have delt with the GetTrainerSpellState, I won't bother you by sending a pull request on this one. :)

Regarding the other error messages: I tried to modify Player.h as suggested but sadly, things got worse. ;)

No worry, I'll do a clean install as soon as you've push your new code, hoping this will also fix the errors I had.

Long overdue I know , but very few people seemed to be interested in the port since I created it

Do not worry about that. I think that the small interest on portalzero is temporary and relies on two things:

- Vanilla is an old version of WoW and not so many people had the opportunity to play it. Pity, as it was really awesome (IMHO)

- mangos-zero had too few updates lately (mangos developers can't be everywhere) and that may have drop the interest for this version and thus portalzero

For the first thing, one can do nothing (until Doc Brown sell many time travel cars). :P

For the second one however, I'm trying to backport small things from mangos-one to mangos-zero, based to my low skills in programming in order to bring people interest back to mangos-zero. This way, true mangos developers will be able to focus on big systems backports (spline, mmaps, PvP outdoor, free candies...) instead of wasting their skills and times on small things where low skilled people like me can help them. :)

Once interest in mangos-zero raises again (and seeing many posts asking mangos-zero to be continued on this very forum, I'm sure it will raise quickly), interest in portalzero will raise too. I'm quite confident as I see lots of reason to use portalzero. So again, thank you for what you do. :)

- Vanilla is an old version of WoW and not so many people had the opportunity to play it. Pity, as it was really awesome (IMHO)

I couldn't agree with you more ;) The backports are fun to play and they give the developers an opportunity to refine the code and coding skills (we're all learning), for the benefit of all versions.

Thanks for your interest in playerbot and your contributions to the core

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I don't Skype, but I'm sure we can sort this out.

Well, my friend did a compile

I assume you are using mangos zero (Classic) core.

• Which version of Visual Studio are you using?
  • Was the compile successful?
and then we took the playerbots from your source, and moved into ours

I assume you used git to do this

• Did you get any merge conflicts?
  • Which version of 'Playerbot for MaNGOS Zero' are you using?

1. https://github.com/blueboy/portalzero
  2. https://github.com/blueboy/portalzero/tree/zeronew-ai

In the meantime I'll check that our code compiles with the latest core.

Hi Swockale,

O.K I've had a chance to test the code with windows and there was a problem.

It just shows how popular playerbot is :D ; at least on windows. Nine months ago some code was removed from the core ( You're the first person to draw this to my attention) and for some unknown reason it was not translated to our code. There was a core merge with lots of conflicts at that time and I may have overrode the removal of this code. Whatever the cause, I do apologise and it's fixed now.

I've re-applied the missing commits and updated both repos. I can confirm that they now merge without conflict with the current mangos zero core and compile without issue.

11> 6 file(s) copied.

========== Build: 11 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

If you're still having problems, let me know.

What is your Skype Blueboy?

Sorry, If I gave out my Skype Id, I'd never get any work done ;) I will try to answer any questions through the forum as soon as I can.

There is more to playerbot than just the files contained in the 'playerbot' folder. If you have just moved the code from this folder, I'm not surprised that it doesn't compile.

Please Note: We only support offical core code and not hybrid code used to generate repacks.

Example:Merge zeronew-ai code into the latest mangos zero core

run the following 'bash' script from within the 'GitBash' shell on windows. If you haven't got 'GitBash' you can download it from http://msysgit.github.com/

#!/bin/bash -x
git clone git://github.com/mangos-zero/server.git mangos
cd mangos
git pull git://github.com/blueboy/portalzero.git zeronew-ai

This should merge the code without any conflicts.

Then using VS2008 (win\\VC90.sln) or VS2010 (win\\VC100.sln) compile the code. This again should compile without issue. If not, you must give me details on the errors your getting, I can't read minds..

Hope this helps

It's very difficult to comment on all changes that occur through merging code. I haven't purposely made any of these changes. I only change code relevant to playerbot and any other changes must be attributed to merges with the mangos zero core. I've just finsihed updating the code and did note some strange things.

The changes applied by two commits were not present. I had to re-apply these to resolve a compile issue on windows. Interestingly, the .gitattribrutes.

https://github.com/blueboy/portalzero/commit/1caa01b6cd981321bd5f8699febcacf31fbde5d1

comes and goes. Some commits show it and others don't. The time stamp on commit history is also screwed up. Work that I posted in August this year is listed as being 'one year old'.

Are you experiencing any problems with the changes? I will try to revert unwanted changes, but it may take awhile.

Cheers

I'd now with sucess activate the playerbots on my test realm.

There is a issue tho, since I'd done this, my custom command, .xprate is not working anymore.

What .xprate does is to set the players xp as they would like between 1-6

How can I fix this?

Swockale how can I add the .xprate command to my server ?

It just shows how popular playerbot is :D ; at least on windows. Nine months ago some code was removed from the core ( You're the first person to draw this to my attention) and for some unknown reason it was not translated to our code. There was a core merge with lots of conflicts at that time and I may have overrode the removal of this code. Whatever the cause, I do apologise and it's fixed now.

I have pushed some changes to zero core two weeks ago and I did see there were some conflicts when merging with portalzero (mainly on QuestHandler.cpp file) but I had not time to fix it and submit you a pull request as I left to vacations the day after. Sorry about that. :(

I have forked portalzero and from now, I'll try to submit you pull request everytime commits I submit to mangos-zero are accepted by the team. I hope this will help to keep both projects up to date. :)

Thanks, another eye on the code will be a big help to us :) I think I fixed the merge issue with QuestHandler.cpp, but I might be wrong. Don't worry about setting up a pull request. It causes more work for you and for me. I'll add you to our collaborators list and you can push your changes directly., if and when you wish.

Hope this helps

There's still lots I don't understand about the core too ;)

It's only necessary to push changes relevant to playerbot (i.e. tweaks & fixes). Changes you push to the core will be picked up when core merges are done. I'll endeavour to do these when I can, but occasionally I get bogged down elsewhere. As long as someone alerts me to a problem, I'll attend to it.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Happy New Year All,

I've received a request for the portalzero/zeronew-ai playerbot code

hi blueboy

i like ur mangoszero bot script but is it posible to log in players from other ppl account

and can u tell me when yes what i need to change in ur script

thx gohan

@gohan2380 Apologies for not contacting you directly, but I prefer to post on the forum so all can share.

You might be aware that we support this feature with 'sharedbots' (excellent code originally authored by BThallid) for our portal code, but not currently for the backports. I hope to rectify this shortly ;).

I would like to thank you for making this request, as I noticed that the code on portalzero/zeronew-ai was infact broken. I'm surprised that no one has reported this up to now, but maybe the 'botguy' feature is not so popular. I have now repaired the code, so you can now summon/dismiss bots via the npc menu system if enabled.

Importance of this 'botguy' fix.

The 'sharedbots' code in part relies on the 'botguy' code to function.

I will shortly port the 'sharedbots' feature to the portalzero code and later also to the portalone code.

Hope this helps