Forum changes - 2012-07-02

Guest theluda_

Greetings,

as of today we have new spam protection measures in place to prevent further bots getting on our nerves. This also means that for new users there will be few restrictions in place:

• caps and link posting in your first post is disallowed.
  • mail verification is required.

And for those who enjoy the little things in life, we have dropped our old post titles, and replaced them with the Warcraft 3 unit names for Horde, Alliance and Night Elves. The more active you are, the greater you rank will be. We also have hidden a few special forum ranks for those who overachieve and excel in community spirit.

And for those who enjoy the little things in life, we have dropped our old post titles, and replaced them with the Warcraft 3 unit names for Horde, Alliance and Night Elves.

Cool! I remember playing my 'Administrator' and... uhrm wait. Whut? :P

Cheater! ;)

LOL xD When i understood it i laughed hard xD!

EDIT: I usually played Green Donator, but i guess administrators are better eh ;D

Hahaha! Btw i have a forum suggestion! Tho i dont know if you haz skeelz to do it ;)

Idea:

When you press gist there are 2 options: Existing gist, New gist. If you choose existing you type the URL, if you choose new you get to GIST in a iframe inside a DIV (I saw this great web lib that could create dynamic divs for you) Anyways, so you can create it pretty much inside mangos forum. its quite gay to open gist in a separate tab to create it etc...

When you press gist there are 2 options: Existing gist, New gist.

If the github API allows for that it can be done.

Since when did you need a API for iframing https://gist.github.com/ my friend? =) Or did you mean that you should create gists completely via getmangos? =)

EDIT:

My Public & Private Gists

Coming soon
Create a New Gist

Coming soon.
Fork a Gist

Coming soon.
Delete a Gist

Coming soon.
Edit a Gist

Coming soon.

EDIT2:

http://developer.github.com/v3/gists/ Creating gists via API is possible nao

It would be not very nice to have the full gists site embedded, wouldn't it? That is why i mentioned using the API. I am not sure though how we should handle this. Always create anonymous gists or add the github account for forum users, and create gists on your account.

Archived