MangosClient aka PseuWoW

shlainn

Description

PseuWoW is an ongoing effort to implement a game client which offers protocol compatibility with MaNGOS. As a learning project. Very much like MaNGOS.

Features

• supports MaNGOS Zero, One and Master
  • Win, Linux & Mac
  • uses WoW Data files for a simple GUI

The project is still very much alpha and not playable (but it is possible to log in and move around). Any help is appreciated!!!

Links

http://mangosclient.org

Credits

• FalseGenesis - started it all (retired)
  • Shlainn - poking around in the code since 2007
  • and many others...

Ive been trying to get this working several times, where is our wiki guide! ;) Would be very useful as a gamemaster! (And now i demand you to make a iPhone app with chat abilities ;D) Going to clone your repo now once again and see if i can get it running! :D Keep it up! :)

Ive been trying to get this working several times, where is our wiki guide! ;) Would be very useful as a gamemaster! (And now i demand you to make a iPhone app with chat abilities ;D) Going to clone your repo now once again and see if i can get it running! :D Keep it up! :)

Actually there are compile instructions on https://github.com/shlainn/pseuwow... If it still doesn't work post your problem on the mangosclient forums...

As for the iPhone app: Donate an apple SDK and we can talk... ;)

• 6 months later...

Hey Shlainn, Thought I'd give this another bash but I can't get it to compile:

[ 65%] Building C object src/dep/src/StormLib/CMakeFiles/StormLib.dir/src/libtommath/bn_s_mp_sqr.c.o

[ 65%] Building C object src/dep/src/StormLib/CMakeFiles/StormLib.dir/src/libtommath/bn_s_mp_sub.c.o

Linking CXX shared library libStormLib.so

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbz2

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[2]: *** [src/dep/src/StormLib/libStormLib.so.0] Error 1

make[1]: *** [src/dep/src/StormLib/CMakeFiles/StormLib.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

[root@localhost build]#

Now, admittedly this is on my Mangos server so I've compiled mangos here without issues plenty of times. What am I doing wrong? This is a Fedora 16 pizzabox.

:)

On the final cusp of compiling, I got this:

[ 99%] Building CXX object src/Client/CMakeFiles/pseuwow.dir/SCPDatabase.cpp.o

Linking CXX executable pseuwow

/usr/bin/ld: ../dep/src/irrlicht/libirrlicht.a(CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp.o): undefined reference to symbol 'XConvertSelection'

/usr/bin/ld: note: 'XConvertSelection' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line

/usr/lib/libX11.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[2]: *** [src/Client/pseuwow] Error 1

make[1]: *** [src/Client/CMakeFiles/pseuwow.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

[root@spartacle build]#

I googled this but nothing that fixed other people's problems fixed this for me...

Hmm, this looks weird. Have you got the proper dev libraries for x11?

This is on my Fedora 16 Server but I'm pretty sure it's installed since I did:

# yum groupinstall "X Software Development"

and 38 odd packages were installed or upgraded. Still got the same error... :( I might have to try it on my 12.10 ubuntu install when I get home next week if this still can't be fixed.... I might have better luck there?

so still stuffing about with this... I found this:

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15676

Which made mention of this:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnderstandingDSOLinkChange

which was fixed in the build system to refer to the missing but referenced link. Would this be super hard for a non-programmer type to discover? It apparently became a big problem on Fedora based distros due to this unhack (i.e. how it was always supposed to be but wasn't so it was changed to the inconvenience of everyone).

:(

Archived