[One] Scriptdev2 Library not loading

Cala

Question

Good evening,

When running mangosd, ScriptDev2 library would not load with the following error:

Initializing Scripts...
Scripting library build for old mangosd revision. You need rebuild it.

However, I had no error while building mangos one (rev 1627) with scriptdev2 (rev 2570) which are the lastest version available on the Git repository.

Building plateform: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (64 bits) on a 2.8 GHz core i7 CPU.

Do you please have any input on how to fix this? Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Thank you for your answer. However I'm not I understand what you mean by "must link against mangos again after each rev". Do I have to build scriptdev2 alone after building it along with mangos? How do I link it to the mangos server that was build (to which specific file)?

you build mangos (compile VCXX.sln)

then you compile scriptdev (compile scriptdevXX.sln)

ScriptDev2 is checking if it was built against the mangos version (mangos tells scriptdev: I AM REVISION 34534, scriptdev checks: IS REVISION 34534 THE REVISION I WAS BUILT WITH?. If its a no then it doesnt load, so just recompile scriptdev and it will be fine.)

(Love my own expressions)

you build mangos (compile VCXX.sln)

then you compile scriptdev (compile scriptdevXX.sln)

You can ignore that part, sln (Visual Studio solution files) are for Windows, and cala stated he builds on Mac OS X :)

But anyway, out of the box ScriptDev2 does not build along with MaNGOS I believe. At least not when I tried it last time in One.

So like LilleCarl says, if you rebuild MaNGOS, you'd have to rebuild ScriptDev2 afterwards too.

Alright, thank you for your answers, I managed to fix this issue. It was indeed a version error, but it was due to bad symbolic links for dynamic libraries.

On Mac OS X, by default custom build libraries are looked for in /usr/local/lib/.

When I first built the mangos-zero server, symbolic links to its libraries where created into /usr/local/lib/ pointing to the real libraries files in mangos server lib subdirectory. Everything working as intended.

However, when I built the mangos-one server, the symbolic links in /usr/local/lib/ were not updated (because the files already exist) and were still pointing to mangos-zero libraries. Thus, when running mangos-one server, it tried to load mangos-zero libraries and failed due to conflicting versions.

I've written as small bash script to correct the symbolic links and switch easily from one to zero.

Archived