ahbot Spending too much money

jmurphy

Question

15 answers to this question

From what i remember, yes i have add chance to AI when no other item exist in the store to buy that item with higher price. But the more the cost of the item is, the less chance you get to be buyed.

Its possible some unknown price can cause item can be buyed at too much price.

I olso will verify that but if it's possible it will be a help to get more info about your setting, item buyed and it's cost.

Cheers.

Well i've had a much closer look at the code since the last time i messed with it, and I've actually found quite a lot that seems odd. I do intend to hopefully get this issue resolved, but it may take me a couple days to do proper testing and make sure the ahbot cannot be exploited in this way

Sorry to tell but this is not funny, the buyer is practically unusable, because everyone can abuse it and sell piece of trash for 20k gold

Agree. Tested it about an year ago and made over 200k gold in one day selling junk...The buyer part of the AHBot needs some seriously tweaking.

Confirmed since implementation of ahbot.

If I remember correct, this is related to some items having no 'SellPrice' under item_template.

Hence the bot has nothing to compare to when it places a bid/buyout.

Good examples are arrows/bullets/....., things that stack in large numbers.

It's easy for players to abuse this and to get loads and loads of gold, possibly destroying the whole economy on a server.

I edited my ahbot.cfg like this, and it helps a bit:

AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Recheck.Interval = 360

AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Alliance.Chance.Ratio = 9
AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Horde.Chance.Ratio = 9
AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Neutral.Chance.Ratio = 9 

Nah, maybe helps a bit but doesnt fix it. Sold all kind of things from useless junk to saronites and put something like 50k buyout and AHBot would buy. The trick is to put an item in the AH that doesn't exist so your auction would be the only one with that specific item.

Nah, maybe helps a bit but doesnt fix it.

Never mentioned it as a fix, just a possible workaround.

With only letting the bot check every 6 hours and then giving only a small chance for it to bid, you can at least reduce mentioned issue.

And do the items you mention, have a SellPrice under item_template btw?

So sounds like if AHBot is set to use the buy price, but items that are missing that value they can be bought for any amount? maybe what we should do is have it use the buy price, if that doesn't exist then use the sell price, if that doesn't exist then ahbot should ignore the item. I'm currently without power, so i won't be able to write a patch until later tonight unless someone says otherwise I'm planning on writing the patch using the criteria Buy Price->Sell Price->Ignore Item

edit: just looked at ahbot.conf.dist, default is to use SellPrice, but at any rate i'll try and throw together a patch so it will be a bit smarter about how much it spends, so criteria should be SellPrice->BuyPrice->Ignore

another edit: obviously the easiest patch to do would to have it work the way it does and just ignore items that don't have a SellPrice, instead of doing a fall back to BuyPrice (which i was planning on doing as BuyPrice/2 to keep it fair) but this would mean that any item without a SellPrice would not be bought by AHBot

so we have two options one that will cover more items or one that will be easier to implement

So sounds like if AHBot is set to use the buy price, but items that are missing that value they can be bought for any amount?

Not really, atleast from what i've experienced. You can sell any item, with or w.o buy/sell price. From what i noticed AHBot checks for the cheapest item sold on AH, but if there's only one auction for a certain item (e.g im the only one selling copper ore) then the AHBot will buy it no matter the price.

So it's not honoring buy/sell price at all?? yeah that is a huge problem, I'll take an in depth look at it when i have a chance, hopefully i'll be able to remember how it functioned from last time i messed with it lol. But again that won't be until later tonight possibly tomorrow

Archived