[Wiki] Mediawiki -> Markdown (Possible solution)

Guest LilleCarl_

This is a message towards people who might be interested in porting mediawiki to "github flavored markdown"

I found this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4980904/is-there-any-way-to-convert-wikitext-to-markdown-in-python

https://bitbucket.org/wikier/mw2md

I guess this might be useful for someone, i might start working on the wiki soon =) Import database structures and such from UDB etc.. into mangos wiki so people can use the mangos wiki to find information about how their database really looks :)

Interesting find LilleCarl, I'm curious how well an automated tool would be able to do it. I'll probably contribute some installation guides if i can find the time, i'll probably just do it by hand myself. If you do find a good automated tool and you add to the wiki post the links of the mediawiki and github wiki pages so we can see how well it converts

Interesting find LilleCarl, I'm curious how well an automated tool would be able to do it. I'll probably contribute some installation guides if i can find the time, i'll probably just do it by hand myself. If you do find a good automated tool and you add to the wiki post the links of the mediawiki and github wiki pages so we can see how well it converts

What do you mean by if i find? =) This tool takes mediawiki parsed code and converts to markdown :) If theluda could give us a database dumb of the wiki it would be really easy :)

lol well i meant if you find that it is usable and produces something usable, it's still early where i'm at so the caffeine has not yet kicked in so my thought-to-keyboard ability is a bit slow right now.

I am curious though will all of the repos have their own wikis, or just the master repo/github user, but that's a question that's a bit off topic for this thread

I think it is a good question to ask here, who cares about if its offtopic, as its still on the mangos topic! ;) And i think it would be retarded to separate wikis, i think we should stick with mangos/server as wiki location (unless theloda has something to say about that) Because it would just take wikipeoples time to copypaste everything all around. Client specific posts sure could be created on one/zero (and liked from master) To make things as clean as possible :)

I agree most of the wiki content should be with the master, but for example wotlk realmd database has gmlevel in the account table, where as mangos-three (now master) has an account_access table instead. so posting the DB structure of mangos-wotlk would not make sense on the master wiki.

at any rate good luck to all who will be contributing to the wiki, i'll do my best to help out with that as well

Edit: of course what would make the most sense is to have all the cores using near identical structures, but i understand somethings that aren't used by old cores would be pointless to back port such as new power types in the characters tables and other things of that nature

I agree most of the wiki content should be with the master, but for example wotlk realmd database has gmlevel in the account table, where as mangos-three (now master) has an account_access table instead. so posting the DB structure of mangos-wotlk would not make sense on the master wiki.

at any rate good luck to all who will be contributing to the wiki, i'll do my best to help out with that as well

Edit: of course what would make the most sense is to have all the cores using near identical structures, but i understand somethings that aren't used by old cores would be pointless to back port such as new power types in the characters tables and other things of that nature

So you mean account_access is about to get implemented in mangos? ^^, (This is what i reflected most about, hehe)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use