Help me Up with Mangos One

Auntie Mangos

Question

17 answers to this question

Pff... i m totally ashamed of myself..i have been looking up and down around here since 2 day's now..and i just don't get it..

I normally instal an Emu in 10-15 min..since wddg emulators.. i always loved Mangos..most stable server ever..and i never had problems installing it..

But i just don't understand how to install this one...can any of u help a poor nab out..and make me a guide..

I know all probably waste 30-40 min of ure life..but all be eternal gratefuller ... just pinpoint me cose i have been away from wow emu's like 2 years.. and now it's all alien to me..

Pls..i have a nice hardware..and a 1 gb optic fiber Ethernet ..that i don't use very much..and i would like to poop up a nice 2.4.3 wow emu..and smth tells me Mangos is the key...and since m all alone i also need ppl to help me out..if any wish so..

(i will also grant GM if u help me up for free...with no obligation towards the server )

Try to google "mangos one instalation guide" i cant belive i cant find sht'

The official MaNGOS-One repositories, which includes server core, database, and ScriptDev sources, is located here:

https://github.com/mangosone

That's why Git gave you an error. For a complete listing of all the current repos for the various MaNGOS cores, try reading the stickied thread mangos source/projects list in our Announcements&Releases section.

As for the guides that are archived in the old forum, the basic steps still apply. The only major change is the use of CMake to generate the correct GCC make or Visual Studio solution files for compiling.

Just make sure you have all the pieces for a full-featured server, consisting of the MaNGOS-One core, ScriptDev-One, database, and ACID 2.x.x. While you're at it, read up on blueboy's Playerbot. You might consider it a worthy addition to your TBC server.

If you still need clarification, after reading the old guides, please don't hesitate to ask more questions. Do your homework and we'll promise to lend a hand when you need it. ;)

question..after i clone this ..do i have to clone the src? cause i see it already has a src directory

I dont know if i m aloud to post this link here..if not m sorry..

Well tbh m folowing this guide...%getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=13121&p=1

But it's general stuff and m interested in 2.4.3 version..i bumped on that src/directory..cause it say's i should not have that folder but i do..

I must understand that is full server files for 2.4.3 and i have to skip it..dunno m not sure..

Edit:

OK'e m back looking D?umb again..in Fog..

I deleted all my work

And started from scratch again..First thing "BUMP"

What source location should i give Git??

"git://github.com/mangos-one"

Does not work..."ofc cause m doing smth rong..."

But ---- there's not a single guide on hole Google as simple as ...Mangos 2.4.3 installing..

Back to bumping my head on the wall again..

Edit:

Head hurts..nobody answers..pfff

I miss the good all days..Mangos was so easy to instal and configure..ye it had bugs..but a guide was a guide..

Now m staring at #%github.com/mangos-one# ..and honestly i dont get it...database/server/scripts??? ok'e so as a nab i come and ask..what is that??

"MaNGOS One" is a full featured World of Warcraft server, including authentication, client updates, and world content serving. Compatible with World of Warcraft client 2.4.3 (build 8606).
m reading Full featured there..so then..way the links for database & scripts?

Oo dun get it..u guys make me full dumb..m not a programmer...i used to instal Mangos open Notepad and start fixing and creating items and npc..ok'e no problem i can do that from a sql manager..but

Pls For God sake make a simple Guide on installing 2.4.3 ..with webpage..and links for tool for editing..like the good old times..

I went away from pc 3 years ..how m i suppose to catch up with u..it's like ure all working in secret ...

I sware to GOD wen m done with it all post a Full simple guide like the old day's ...cause this is pure torture..trying to take pieces from old guides..and put them all together like a puzzle and go see if it works..

Ok'e here i go again even if i haven't slept the last 24hours.. m gonna keep tipping here everything i do from beginning till the bump..and maybe somebody still have some mercy to come and guide me tru..

I opened Git Gui and start guessing ..this is how it went :

git://github.com/mangos-one/server<-- yea i guessed...

Cloning is done on D:\\Mangos...

Now my S---y Guide tell's me to get ScripDev2..but from the Moderator that posted here..i understand i need ScriptDev-one let's see if i can find it..

Well this is SEXXXY! i go #%github.com/mangos-one# with the idea i will find it...yea i find "Scripts"

forked from scriptdev2/scriptdev2
..first impresion i get is that is "Rong" i open it and somewhere it's rotten
Fix ScriptDevOne -> MaNGOS-One Patch
what can i say ??more Sexxy..well that's amazing :(...what to do? "Bump"

After a good look i find

#%github.com/mangos-one/scripts.git#
let's see what Git Gui has to say about it..

Worked :D..i messed the Git link 4 a moment..

Well next step in my guide is something optional..more exactly :

** OPTIONAL: This is not required and not suggested, although it might be helpfull to avoid deletion of untracked folders/files in GIT-directory when using certain GIT commands (example: git clean -f -d)

• Right click on C:\\Mangos and choose "Git Bash"

• Type the following command replacing the XXXX by the numbers within the file name located in C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2\\patches:

git am src/bindings/ScriptDev2/patches/MaNGOS-XXXX-ScriptDev2.patch

** This is not required, although it is needed to avoid deletion of untracked folders/files in GIT-directory when using certain GIT commands (example: git clean -f -d)

• Close the GIT Bash window

4 the moment i dont know if i can get it running but let's do it ..if i can and m gonna mess around..better be have a condom on! :))

pff..that comand aint working hes looking for the directory in c: lets see if i can fix that..

well i tiped " cd d: " and that fixed now i get "Not a git Repository" ..

Hmm..

Trying "cd d:/Mangos ....git am src/bindings/ScriptDev2/patches/MaNGOS-one-XXXX-ScriptDev2.patch (xxxx r the numbers)

Well now it' sees the file but still error "Patch format detection failure"

Well at least i tried..that souldnt be important so all leave that for latter...

Next step..CONFIGURING C++" after my guide ..but i must Qoute this Guy

Edit by Schmoo: No Idea what this part is required for, I have never done something alike
.. =)) Even more sexxy!

Done..!(m not getting in 2 details for the moment)

COMPILING MANGOS AND SCRIPTDEV2

C:\\Mangos\\Win folder

Sln*

(..had 2 Warnings nothing major..it ended fine

========== Build: 12 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

)

C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2

Sln*

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Continuing ..

Continuing..

INSTALLING MANGOS

• Transfer the files from your compile folder into C:\\Mangos

I must Qoute becouse this is retarded:

** They should be in C:\\Mangos\\bin\\Win32_Release

• Go to C:\\Mangos\\src\\mangosd and copy “mangosd.conf.dist.in” to “mangosd.conf” in C:\\Mangos

• Go to C:\\Mangos\\src\\realmd and copy “realmd.conf.dist.in” to “realmd.conf” in C:\\Mangos

• Go to C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2 and copy “scriptdev2.conf.dist.in” to “scriptdev2.conf” in C:\\Mangos

Well i believe what he really means to say is copy those files (think cut will do better but all just copy to be sure) and rename them..

Keep goin':

VERIFY YOUR VERSIONS

* Upgrade to client version 2.4.3 (build 8606).
everything is cool..THe F@@k i got to download and patch client cause i deleted it..hmm..

To be continued..

Hey; Just letting you know. If you install it under a Linux enviroment I'd be more then willing to help out; As far as Windows goes. You'll be using more resources that way; just install the linux enviroment virtually and then set it up as a windows service and your windows PC can run the server on startup and you'll see a major improvement in performance.

Hey; Just letting you know. If you install it under a Linux enviroment I'd be more then willing to help out; As far as Windows goes. You'll be using more resources that way; just install the linux enviroment virtually and then set it up as a windows service and your windows PC can run the server on startup and you'll see a major improvement in performance.

I would do it Gladlly mate..i know linux is far more stable than xp..but to be honest..i have no idea how to instal Linux environment on xp..

Make me guide? :D

I will continue, but i must qoute this guy again'

PART 11 - EXTRACTING FILES FROM YOUR CLIENT

• Copy the content of C:\\Mangos\\contrib\\extractor_binary\\ in your C:\\World of Warcraft

• Run ExtractResources.sh from your C:\\World of Warcraft. For this you can open a Git Bash and type sh ExtractResources.sh

You must extract DBC/maps and vmaps for MaNGOS to work, mmaps are optional (and take very long)

** It all depends of your computer speed but this will take time to extract the files

• When finish, move the folders Maps, DBC and vmaps - optionally mmaps that have been created in your C:\\World of Warcraft to your C:\\Mangos

i just want u to understand what m goin tru..ppl make retarded guides!

Run ExtractResources.sh' well that aint no exe! how to run it? hmm..well clearly it runs tru a Git Bash command line..ok'e Open Git bash..FROM WERE?? DO I just open it or do i have to right click the file?

Damn stupid guides..let me see if i figure this out..

Wish i could Slap the guys who made that guide..pfff

Ok'e after working my brains out...i opened Git bash and started tiping:

cd d:/mangos

sh d:/wow/world/extractresources.sh (it worked..i had to rename "World of warcraft tbh..becouse bash dosent see the spaces in folder names..or maybe they need to be replaced with simbols like _* dunno..i just renamed wow and worked)

Now Git Bash ask's me how many processors i would like to use..i set all 4

Error"

Sat Dec 8 @1:18:28 GTBST 2012:Start extraction of vmaps...

d:/wow/world/extractresources.sh: line 147: vmapextractor: command not found

Sat Dec 8 @1:18:28 GTBST 2012: Extracting of vmaps finished

Sat Dec 8 @1:18:28 GTBST 2012: Start assembling of vmaps...

d:/wow/world/extractresources.sh: line 151 : vmap_assembler: command not found

Bla bla Assembling of vmaps finished

d:/wow/world/extractresources.sh: line 161: MoveMapGen.sh: command not found

Ok'e i bumped Oo

Tryed extracting them one by one..all faild same crap..

F@@k this..m running ad.exe like the old times..gonna copy those to server directory later..

After smoking One to chill myself i had a relevation :D

Right click Wow directory "start Git Bash" sh extractresources.sh

Selected 4 procesors..

IT started working :P m waiting now..cause i asked him to extract all including Vmaps and Mmaps

I would have a question ..

Vmaps r 4 collision.not falling tru ground wen charging..not getting attacked by npc..that cant see u..etc (i do know it eats lot of resources and it's optional..but for start will do..m just setting up as a test)

The question is..what r Mmaps? "move maps?" ..

Nobody answered i googled "hmm so mmaps r actually mob maps? mobs paths in certain situations like chilled ..hmm well if m rong pop up and correct me..

cool song :D

Restarted mmaps creation..becose i got tricked by the gaps in the console..and closed accidentally thinking is done ..

In the mean time i go watch a movie..btw the console looks more drunk then i usually m! :))

EDIT:

• When finish, move the folders Maps, DBC and vmaps - optionally mmaps that have been created in your C:\\World of Warcraft to your C:\\Mangos

sRRLY? WHAT ABOUT buildings?

..moving maps,dbc,buildings,vmaps,mmaps to Mangos server directory...

instaling msql..

Conecting to msql database with Sqlyog

Now i need help!

i have this

• Right-click “mangos” and select “Import”, “Restore from SQL Dump”

• Click “Browse”, and select the UDB database Core file you’ve download

Ex.: UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql

• Click “Execute”

i did al lthe other imports..

But i bumped at udb database...

I downloaded the database for mangos one..but cant find a core to import with sqLyog

I read up about Acid ?

Come help me out pls..some info

if anyone can post a url for mangos one udb? :D

The database for MaNGOS-One is located at the same Github web page I linked to you earlier. UDB is not intended for servers supporting older clients.

It seems most of your troubles are due to not reading more carefully and making many assumptions. Everything you need is right there at the MaNGOS-One Github project site. ACID is already included in the database.

If you instead prefer to get ACID and ScriptDev2 for TBC from their project Github pages:

https://github.com/scriptdev2/acid/tree/tbc

https://github.com/scriptdev2/scriptdev2-tbc

To help clarify the difference between vmaps and mmaps:

vmaps (Vertical height Maps) are used to determine player actions based on terrain and obstacles. This helps prevent mountain climbing and casting through obstacles.

mmaps (Movement Maps) are used to define how mobs can move. This helps to keep a monster or NPC from hopping through the air to get to you when located on higher terrain, flying, or on opposite sides of a chasm or valley. This includes other "dumb" movements like crossing lava or rivers, and walking through walls.

Neither of these features are required, but it does make the game behave more like the retail version.

I apologize for the lack of updated documentation and guides. Sadly, we have few people willing to tackle the problem. I'll help you as best I can, but my plate is very full at this time.

The database for MaNGOS-One is located at the same Github web page I linked to you earlier. UDB is not intended for servers supporting older clients.

It seems most of your troubles are due to not reading more carefully and making many assumptions. Everything you need is right there at the MaNGOS-One Github project site. ACID is already included in the database.

If you instead prefer to get ACID and ScriptDev2 for TBC from their project Github pages:

https://github.com/scriptdev2/acid/tree/tbc

https://github.com/scriptdev2/scriptdev2-tbc

To help clarify the difference between vmaps and mmaps:

vmaps (Vertical height Maps) are used to determine player actions based on terrain and obstacles. This helps prevent mountain climbing and casting through obstacles.

mmaps (Movement Maps) are used to define how mobs can move. This helps to keep a monster or NPC from hopping through the air to get to you when located on higher terrain, flying, or on opposite sides of a chasm or valley. This includes other "dumb" movements like crossing lava or rivers, and walking through walls.

Neither of these features are required, but it does make the game behave more like the retail version.

I apologize for the lack of updated documentation and guides. Sadly, we have few people willing to tackle the problem. I'll help you as best I can, but my plate is very full at this time.

Srlly Mate ...ure not helping at all...

m stuck at the UDB ...i found it on git

downloaded it ..imported it

Now i Bumped again becose lack of documentation...

Is there an update pack? r there any other steps i should folow? or m i just done?

And "I DONT KNOW WHAT ACID IS" or how to use it..

I have also checked my ScriptDev2 directory and there is no suck folder named acid

PFF M AGROING HERE..not 1 guide for mangos one ..

k now i should configure it..and start it up..but i just know m not done with it..i should be importing some text files to mangos in my sql..that i cant seem to find..!!

Due to lack of info..and the fact that i m indeed pissed like hell i will erase all my work now...all just keep the vmaps/mmaps/buildings/maps folders..for the moment(and try again later)

And maybe someone finds a good heart to post a clean guide of how to instal Mangos one in details..like a good guide should look..

Because all i can find for the moment r guids for all other mangos emulators..but not mangos One

And many things just dont add up..

ACID is already included in the database.

Do you mean this steps are outdated ? :

mysql -u root -ppass mangos < /opt/acid/2.0.7/2.0.7_acid.sql
mysql -u root -ppass mangos < /tmp/src/bindings/scripts/sql/mangos_scriptname_full.sql

Doing this ones?:

git clone git://github.com/mangos-one/database database
cd database/
./make_full_db.sh
mysql -u root -ppass mangos < full_db.sql

Thanks

I wouldn't go so far as to tell you those steps are no longer needed, locario. It all depends if you use the ACID that is part of the One database. Some may prefer to use the official ACID repo because it usually has the most recent updates.

sin, I'm sorry that you're feeling so lost. It's not as complicated as it seems. You're still making the mistake of trying to use UDB. As I stated in my previous post, UDB is not compatible with MaNGOS-One. Use the database that is located at the MaNGOS-One Github page.

ACID is an SQL script module that allows generic mobs to behave more like retail. As such, ACID is applied to the database, not ScriptDev. However, you do not need to concern yourself with this, but only if you will use the ACID that is already included in the database. Otherwise, apply the ACID SQL file to the database AFTER applying all other updates.

I'll see what I can do about finding you a simpler, updated guide, but it may take a couple of days.

Archived