C:\\Users\\Public\\Games is missing !

strymus

Question

18 answers to this question

MSVCP100D.dll

The MSV<something> DLLs are the Visual Studio runtime libraries (CP is the C++ runtime). The fact that installing the Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2010 redistributable package wasn't helping is easily explained: it only contains the release versions of the runtime libraries. Because that's what you typically need when shipping your software to customers and install it on their machines.

You need MSVCP100D.dll however, which is the debug version. Those are somewhere in your Visual Studio folder. I don't remember exactly where it is, but if I remember correctly it's in a subfolder like VC\\redist\\Debug_NonRedist or something. Just copy those next to your executables and you should be fine.

Alternatively, you can of course also build a release version of your MaNGOS and scripting library if you don't intend to debug anything, in which case installing the redistributable package should be enough to make it work :)

[edit]

I don't think downloading it from somewhere is a good idea. Those runtime libraries are versioned, and it's important to get a useful version. Since there is a version in your Visual Studio folder that matches exactly what your compiler/linker want... going that way is by far the best option.

Are these files in a subfolder of "Microsoft Visual Studio 8" ?

Urhm, 8? That's Visual Studio 2005, no? I would expect to see "Microsoft Visual Studio 10" for 2010. But yes, typically there's a folder named like this in your Program Files folder. And it's that folder I meant. Too bad I can't check how it's called now... I'm not at work and I don't have a Windows/Visual Studio machine at home :P

Hmmm. Thanks to google, I found out the installation folder should be called "Visual Studio 2010" by default (so 2010 instead of the 10 I expected earlier). This folder should be in your Program Files, or most likely Program Files (x86) on a 64-bit Windows system. This folder should have a "VC" subfolder, which in turn has a "redist" subfolder. If you find that one, search in it and its subfolders for the missing DLL. If you find something, I wouldn't be too surprised if you found like two in a different subfolder, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit :)

Sorry, but that's about the best I can do for now without seeing an actual installation in front of me :P

Was there ever a Games folder? I've never seen a Windows Games Folder, so I'm not 100% sure how to answer you on this one. I would say to have your game installed into Program Files (Program Files x86) but it sounds like you're looking for a library.

--EDIT--

Looked into the Games Folder for Windows 7 and it looks like it's actually just a shortcut link stored in the AppData to your actual Game install; I've never seen a folder just disappear though, so I'd check to make sure you didn't install it somewhere else.

Archived