Launcher Now Finished

DoxramosPS

The Launcher that I had started is now available at

http://www.doxramos.org/downloads/launcher/publish.htm

The Launcher is currently supported on 1.12.1, 2.4.3 and 3.3.5.

It also autoupdates to keep your launcher up to date with the most current features.

Any feedback would be appreciated and I hope that people enjoy the launcher. :)

Source Code is available at github upon request. The github source will not allow autoupdating.

I plan on creating a database for this launcher with a list of addons for different clients, so that users can then browse addons for a specific client and when they see one that they want they'll be able to download the addon and have it install just as it would with the curse client; There's some cleaning to the UI I intend to do as well as well as some thoughts I have to possibly make the Launcher faster (Removing windows and replacing all functions as panels, but this will take some time to implement and I'll be focusing on the addon feature more then the UI cleanup first.) If anyone has any thoughts on the project that would be great as well, As of right now this is open source, but depending on what I have to do with the launcher to connect to the SQL server I may have to turn it closed source for security reasons to my server and I hope that anyone who wants to develop on the closed source branch with SQL information understands. Another option I have is to simply remove my database information from the Client and then you'd have to code in your own server and functions. Keep in mind that if I go that route then whoever is working with it will have to know what they're doing with SQL and Visual Basic and SQL query is different in VB then it would be if you were to have to modify the PHP files. If I could get input from anyone interested in this that would be great. Thanks much.

Thanks Alex. :) I'm actually working on a brand new form layout to make the load times faster and give it a cleaner look. Are you using the installer version I posted or the source from github? If you're using the one from github keep in mind that one is out of date right now, but I plan on keeping it above the exe after my next commit.

If you're using this launcher I recommend removing the old version that I had uploaded. I did a massive overhaul on the way it works and the new download is at http://www.doxramos.org/downloads/launcher/index.php.

I will allow the source code to be seen after I've made some SQL modifications to have the project connect to a database with a user with only read permissions on the launcher database. As of now I have implemented themes, cache deleting, setting a default client as well as launching a client that is not default from the launcher.

Vanilla Themed Launcher

launcher_vanilla.png

BC Themed Launcher

launcher_bc.png

Wrath of the Lich King Launcher

launcher_wrath.png

Each Launcher has a weapon above the play button. When that button is clicked it expands to show a launch button for clients 1.12.1-3.3.5 ( I will be adding more) You can set the default setting to delete your cache on start or to not delete it and delete it manually through the toolstrip. While I'm not finished there have been major improvements from the original release and I'm hoping to hear some feedback on this which brings me to my next point. Next update will implement feedback where the users can send feedback on the launcher and submit bugs and suggestions.

Alex. I think you're the only one following this, so I think I'm just sharing with you right now :P, but version 1.0.2.9; I have addon integration working for looking up addons. I'm working on installing addons from the launcher now and possibly creating a backup section for people to back up their settings; after I've sorted out the installing from the launcher I'll be updating anyone using the launcher. :)

Unfortunately as it stands right now they are only installed using Microsoft One click, Possibly after I get this perfected (By the way; this is my first project so I'm learning as I go along with it and think of improvements) I'm under the impression that after I supply the source code that it could be fairly easily compiled in a C# format to be compatible with Linux and Mac, but I'm not sure how easily. If there's any developers that could throw some higher quality input on that that would be awesome. On a side not. On my side I currently have a working addon database downloader and installer. It's not quite to the point I want it to be, but the next release will include this format that I have working. You download the addon and afterwards it will show a display of which client you are downloading for and you will have to manually select that. In the future I intend on having it autodetect the version that you selected and installing to that path, but little steps at a time. Right now only one addon can be downloaded at a time, but that's another fix I'll be working on. It comes from the fact that it downloads to a temp C:/DoxramosLauncherAddons/temp.zip file, so after I get it written to randomly generate the zip file it downloads to I will be able to support multiple downloads.

Back to Alex:

It's just a shot in the dark, but if you're using WoW through wine then it's possible you could try to install this through Wine as well? I'm not sure, I've never tried it with a Clickonce orientated application, but trial and error never hurts.

A quick update on what's been going on, The addon manager for the launcher is almost complete, and the bug submission form is now implemented. I'm working on getting the download section to display an image that says download rather then the link itself and looking for requests on what should be added to the actual addon section, but for now here's one shot of what's up and coming. :)

addon.png

Archived