Transferring Characters between Databases

bugeyedcreepy

Question

I have Two Servers running, I run a live server and a development server (so to speak, not public access...). On login, I can select either realm and this is the case for everyone who logs into them. Between me, my kids, my Brother, his son and my Girlfriend, we have between 70 to 90 characters on each of the two realms, I had cheated and duplicated the Live Database when I created the Dev Server.

What's happened is I've decided I want to update the Live server to current MaNGOSTwo with characters and macros that have been added/improved on the Development server (which is the current build MaNGOSTwo - rev. 12350) while at the same time, I want to keep the characters on the Live server that my Brother and his Son have created (still on MaNGOS rev. 11927).

Is there a utility or an easy way I can either import their account and characters from the Live Server into the Development Server Database and copy the whole Dev Server Database over the Live Server or copy the updated & new Characters from the Dev Server Database into the Live Server Database after upgrading Live to current?

:|

4 answers to this question

hmm not a tool for this only you can dump the database and update to the version and batch new is my idea

Okay, say I do a mysqldump on either dbase with a view to merging....will it matter that some characters are mirrored between the two?... and that the two databases had individual characters added since being duplicated??

I released my project CharImport a while ago, it allows you to copy accounts and characters from one database to another.

You might want to check that out. It works cross emu and should also work with mangos2, however I did not test it with mangoszero.

It was actually designed exactly for such cases.

If you need help, simply contact me.

I released my project CharImport a while ago, it allows you to copy accounts and characters from one database to another.

You might want to check that out. It works cross emu and should also work with mangos2, however I did not test it with mangoszero.

It was actually designed exactly for such cases.

If you need help, simply contact me.

!!! :D

Well, it's mangosTwo I'm playing with so... Excellent! Thanks Heaps Megasus! I'll do myself a backup and see what damage I can do with that!

:P

Archived