Windows 7 (beta)

Guest caeruleaus

Well, windows is coming out with a new windows release in 2012, and they have already released a beta of it. I just installed it but was wondering if anyone else has tried it out and seen how mangos runs on it. You can DL it for free from microsoft (64 or 32 bit editions). Its basically windows XP with the interface features of Vista and some of the security features.

EDIT: I'll be testing this myself shortly, i just need to reinstall the .net framework and whatnot. yay for free 64 bit windows OS xD

Well, windows is coming out with a new windows release in 2012, and they have already released a beta of it. I just installed it but was wondering if anyone else has tried it out and seen how mangos runs on it. You can DL it for free from microsoft (64 or 32 bit editions). Its basically windows XP with the interface features of Vista and some of the security features.

EDIT: I'll be testing this myself shortly, i just need to reinstall the .net framework and whatnot. yay for free 64 bit windows OS xD

"Its basically windows XP with the interface features of Vista and some of the security features."

Your ignorance astounds me...

On another note, I currently have the x64 Beta installed in VMWare and am relatively impressed with it though I will likely be using Windows Server 2008 R2 when it comes out (which should be at the same time as W7). If you're interested in a dedicated Windows box for Mangos I highly recommend the Windows Server family of OS's, I'm using Server 2008 on my desktop, laptop, and server and am highly impressed with it.

I wouldn't suggest installing Windows 7 as a primary OS currently though. Dual booting is fine, but the beta build is way too unstable to be considered usable as a primary OS. The x64 build is worse than the x86 one in terms of stability (for the beta that is.. in general I've found x64 to be much more stable than x86 on my 3 PCs).

i was saying in general.... The features that you see are much the same, not necessarily saying how it is done is the same. I haven't really fully looked at everything on it yet, and yes i am dual booting it atm with my 32 bit vista install.

EDIT: I'm assuming you were thinking i was ignorant by saying "some of the security features." By that i was referring to UAC, which i personally think was a good decision. I was being very rough in my description.

I'd say vista was hardly anything like XP let alone W7...

But yeah as already said

don't use it as the primary os... as uve already said ur not so good

for the whole of the mangos setup install etc

i'd disable UAC as it's caused some conflicts on friends pc's

I love UAC when it comes to work (repairing "idiots" pc's...)

it does filter out alot

but it also can ruin some stuff where it would allow part install of motherboard drivers...

=/

But yeah!

win server 2008 and Vista increased my network performance loads when used together

if you head that way with networking, id keep it in the family ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use