Remote administration

madmax

Question

Hey,

So with the servers I have up I seem to of found a bug of some sort.

There are three servers from cores ( zero, One, Two ) all reporting to a single realmd.exe which is from two, they are all 64bit.

The problem I have is that remote administration does not work or if it does its hit and miss.

If connected via telnet from home with secure switched off in the .conf and i put a username i know exists I get back "User does not exist".... now if i go to the console and type "account create xxx xxx" I get "user already exists!" then if i try telnet again it works.

All cores are on seperate IPs and i've even experimented with seperate ports but I'm at a loss with what to try now.

I'm hoping one of he devs will be able to look at this and see what might be causing it ?

6 answers to this question

Seems i've found the problem, it was with Putty and us probably not implementing telnet correctly in the RA part, if you open your session, go to Connections -> Telnet and change the Telnet Negotiation Mode to Passive instead of Active it starts working. This problem doesn't show itself when using the built-in telnet of windows.

Seems i've found the problem, it was with Putty and us probably not implementing telnet correctly in the RA part, if you open your session, go to Connections -> Telnet and change the Telnet Negotiation Mode to Passive instead of Active it starts working. This problem doesn't show itself when using the built-in telnet of windows.

Do you think telnet can be made to work with active set in the future? Would be nice :)

Archived