[Three] See to the survivors quest

bels

Question

So I'm going to try to get as many quests fixed as I can. I got the quest see to the survivors that is in new tinkertown (gnome starting zone) and you get the quest ok, get the teleported ok but after that it falls apart. When you go to use the item to teleport the survivors out it does not work. I am trying to figure out what I need to get in place to make this work because I know there are other quests similar to this throughout the game.

Is there a mechanism for making a unit disappear? I imagine I have to make sure that the transporter applies whatever affect needs to be called to make a unit disappear and then count the number you applied the affect to. I'll start looking into it but if anyone can give me some hints I would appreciate it.

4 answers to this question

If you just need to spawn a npc or two i think it can be done via the EventAI db scripting. There is some documentation as to how that works, at the very least there's a thread that takes up some info on how to do it in this topic: http://community.getmangos.eu/index.php?topic=18426.0, you could take a look at https://github.com/mangosthree/server/blob/master/doc/EventAI.txt aswell, it seems to have pretty good info on what does what and how the eventai system works

Good read. I should be able to figure it out with that info. Another real quick question though before I spend a bunch of time on writing my own, has anyone made a program to aid in the creation of EventAI actions/scripts already? If not I'll try to whip something up.

Nice that it seems good :) I don't know about that at all sadly, and i can't find much in the old forums for 3rd party applications. If you have the time and wish i think it would be a superb addition to the mangostools repo! Please do create a new topic if you run into problems doing this :)

Archived