[zero] how near retail is it?

Tobias

Question

Hello!

First of all.. I have no idea where to put this post, so I put it here. Admins, please move post if its in the wrong place. :)

I've used mangosZero core for a while not and ive seen a bunch of bugs and glitches. My question to you guys are: How far away from retail have you gotten this server? Does fleeing work? blink? fear? etc etc.. Does there exist some documentof what % you are on getting it to retail level?

Thanks

/Tobias

13 answers to this question

That list of areas with percentage done, was exclusively for quests, it was a quest tracker of sorts, and the source code for that is still on github.

But: that in no way properly reflected what worked, and what didn't work, since it only covered quests.

The bigger issue here is, that we do not have something where you could see any feature vanilla WoW had, and what the current state of that is in mangos-zero. IMHO building such a thing would already be a huge task in itself. But it seems this is what people want to see, to know how far mangos has progressed.

It might be something the community could build, at least something which covers the things that should be there. What works and what doesn't could surely be described by the developers.

From what I recall, what I am referring to was area completion % (ie mobs, resources, environment items, and quests)

Example:

Stormwind 98% complete

Gadgetzan 76% complete (needs boss mobs to finish)

Barrens 96% complete

etc.... each area was sectioned out from the whole main map, so Azeroth would include any areas on that land mass, each area showed a percentage done. (but I am referring to a long time ago, I think before even TBC came out, or just after it did)

etc.... each area was sectioned out from the whole main map, so Azeroth would include any areas on that land mass, each area showed a percentage done. (but I am referring to a long time ago, I think before even TBC came out, or just after it did)

Uhm that was most likely not related to mangos. Honestly, no member of the development team ever made something like this public, and it's just with the recent team changes that we actually make public everything we do...

Nope, this thing would have to be built, and never was there for mangos.

Uhm that was most likely not related to mangos. Honestly, no member of the development team ever made something like this public, and it's just with the recent team changes that we actually make public everything we do...

Nope, this thing would have to be built, and never was there for mangos.

LOL its no big deal, but I have only ever used/compiled mangos server, what was used before git? (svn?) What I am thinking maybe was not on the website, but it was on the repository where you pulled the server files. I guess it wasn't public knowledge or publicly available, but I do remember the list of what was and needed to be done. Water under the bridge I guess, might be nice if someone had the time nowadays to set up a page like that for all to reference if they are wanting to work on specific stuff.

The closest thing i can think of where percentages of how much was done is in the scriptdev repos, there each file has a comment in the top telling how much of that area/zone/instance/boss is scripted as a rough percentage, if you want to start somewhere that might be a good place to get a rough estimate of what's nearly done and what needs more work :)

I've tested the latest build now and I must say its a good one.. It's still in need of a lot of work. Alot of bugs and errors. I'm trying to report these on github and i'm hoping the people will solve these. I wouldnt say its 90%+ done tho. Alot of mobs and NPCs are missplaces allover azeroth and alot of quests don't work. I would say its about 80-85% done. If you don't care about details and just want to play a decent server, its good to go, but not if you want the whole package.

Don't get me wrong, it's a supersweet server and all, and i'm trying to find as many bugs as I can and report.

/T

I wouldnt say its 90%+ done tho. Alot of mobs and NPCs are missplaces allover azeroth and alot of quests don't work.

We would not say that either. We just said somewhere that a few dungeon scripts may be 90% done.

As for the whole vanilla WoW features and content, it currently is simply impossible to actually say it's 10, 50, 80%. Nobody every made an effort to track all the details, and so we can just guess.

But there is work in progress to make all that possible. This though is no tiny task, and personally I would say it will be Winter before we will be able to actually have real, reliable stats on what is done, and what not.

Report what you find, if you have screenshots from the old times, we take all of em :) Same goes for videos.

Thanks for a quick reply, I will test the server out asap. Is there any page where I can see the progress of what's going on with the server, whats left to do etc?

EDIT: I noticed that the mobs are still walking at the bottom when there is water and does not swim.. Is there any way of fixing this?

/Tobias

Each git repository for mangos-zero has an issue tracker, where you can find open tasks.

But that does of course not include everything, since not every issue has been found.

Also there is no list of game features that has a percentage next to it. Nobody ever was willing to craft it.

If you're one of the adventurous people, you could craft such a list of game features for vanilla WoW. This itself would be a huge task, if you do it properly. We can provide pointers, but not that much assistance since we are currently focussed on producing a real awesome set of database documentation for mangos-zero.

Each git repository for mangos-zero has an issue tracker, where you can find open tasks.

But that does of course not include everything, since not every issue has been found.

Also there is no list of game features that has a percentage next to it. Nobody ever was willing to craft it.

If you're one of the adventurous people, you could craft such a list of game features for vanilla WoW. This itself would be a huge task, if you do it properly. We can provide pointers, but not that much assistance since we are currently focussed on producing a real awesome set of database documentation for mangos-zero.

There used to be a list of each map/area % done ( but that was a long time ago when I was first getting into private servers)

That list of areas with percentage done, was exclusively for quests, it was a quest tracker of sorts, and the source code for that is still on github.

But: that in no way properly reflected what worked, and what didn't work, since it only covered quests.

The bigger issue here is, that we do not have something where you could see any feature vanilla WoW had, and what the current state of that is in mangos-zero. IMHO building such a thing would already be a huge task in itself. But it seems this is what people want to see, to know how far mangos has progressed.

It might be something the community could build, at least something which covers the things that should be there. What works and what doesn't could surely be described by the developers.

Archived