realmd database realmlist fields

Morgan

Question

Hey all,

I definitely feel like a complete idiot for having to ask this since I used to know this stuff like the back of my hand. I did search around cause I know this was brought up before many years ago, however I couldn't find anything in the forums or wiki, so I ask, can someone let me know what the icon field, and the timezone fields are for in the realmd database on the realmlist table? I know the time zone field is self-explanatory, but can someone let me know the values for this are? Having the incorrect time in my server is going to drive me insane. I can't remember what the icon field is anymore either, it may not even matter anymore which is fine.

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Ah hah! Perfect! Thanks :) Now I've finally got everything going, however my realm list is empty in my client. I think it's got something to do with the BIND_IP I've set in the realmd and mangod.conf files. My server is remote from my client, however when I put the public routable IP address the daemons complain they cannot bind to it, using a private non-routable address allows the daemons to start but no realms listed...

This is how mine is set behind a router.

Realm-daemon - Private IP

World daemon - Private IP

Realmlist in realmd database - Public IP

Then all you do is setup port forwarding at the router to the private IP.

The daemons can only bind to IPs on the system they are running on.

Hope this makes sense.

Archived