[one] Some bugs and questions

Jorvalt

Question

Okay so I have a couple bugs I'd like to report and I also have a question relating to modifying character stats. Here are the bugs: For some reason, once a character reaches a certain level above 70 (it depends on the race and class, for human rogue it's 236) the character's stats will reset to 0 and count up from there for every level after that. Another bug: When I create a druid, either night elf or tauren (it doesn't matter), if they reach a certain level (not sure exactly what level, I tried 100 and it was fine but I think it might be like 200 or higher) if you open the character info the game crashes. If anyone knows how to fix either of these that would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a question relating to modifying character stats. Is there any way to permenantly modify character stats? Like say, the base stats like stamina and such or like base hp and base mana. I tried editing my character's hp in the character table but it didn't actually do anything. And if you use the gm command to change your character's hp then whenever your hp is updated by say changing gear or whenever you log out it resets.

20 answers to this question

Can you be a little more specific? Which version of mangos, scripts and database do you use?

Please note that creating characters above the expansions maximum level is not supported by mangos, and also would require a custom set of character stats in the database, which you would have to create yourself.

The character stats all are database tables. Look for the player... tables in the database. Also, this is not only a character issue, the pet stat will also require database values for the desired maximum level.

A final word on the issue itself: we - as in the mangos team - do not support creating characters with a level larger than the game clients maximum level, and the WoW game client also has serious issues with characters exceeding the supported maximum level.

If you need support, hopefully someone from the community can be of assistance.

Can you be a little more specific? Which version of mangos, scripts and database do you use?

Please note that creating characters above the expansions maximum level is not supported by mangos, and also would require a custom set of character stats in the database, which you would have to create yourself.

The character stats all are database tables. Look for the player... tables in the database. Also, this is not only a character issue, the pet stat will also require database values for the desired maximum level.

A final word on the issue itself: we - as in the mangos team - do not support creating characters with a level larger than the game clients maximum level, and the WoW game client also has serious issues with characters exceeding the supported maximum level.

If you need support, hopefully someone from the community can be of assistance.

Oh yeah sorry. I'm using MaNGOS One. I tried editing the player_classlevelstats table and set the basehp and basemana for level 255 but it didn't do anything. My characters still had the same health as before.

Because the maxlevel is also set in the source code.

See src/game/DBCEnums.h

Also I have another problem if anyone can be of assistance. It's weird, sometimes when I start mangosd.exe after it's finished loading everything it just crashes.

That's usually caused by errors in the database. See the database error logs, fix the errors, and the crashed will stop :)

Because the maxlevel is also set in the source code.

See src/game/DBCEnums.h

That's usually caused by errors in the database. See the database error logs, fix the errors, and the crashed will stop :)

I don't really get what you mean. How would that affect my ability to change basehealth and basemana?

You said you edited that for level 255. How would that work without editing the core to actually allow the level and thus load the data?

I see. But I'm still able to level to 255 using GM commands. So if I change this how do I impliment it in the server?

edit: Is there also an easy way to change the stats for all level 255s? Or do I have to do it for every race/class combination?

I am sorry, but that is what the community will have to answer. I can't assist with that any further than that.

• [li]edit the max level in src/game/DBCEnums.h and recompile,[/li]
    [li]add player and pet stats to the database[/li]

There should be nothing more involved, but it will for sure result in many, many problems, considering that e.g. spells and the calculation of level based effects will produce crap.

edit: Is there also an easy way to change the stats for all level 255s? Or do I have to do it for every race/class combination?

No, you will have to create all stats, class and level stats.

I am sorry, but that is what the community will have to answer. I can't assist with that any further than that.

• [li]edit the max level in src/game/DBCEnums.h and recompile,[/li]
    [li]add player and pet stats to the database[/li]

There should be nothing more involved, but it will for sure result in many, many problems, considering that e.g. spells and the calculation of level based effects will produce crap.

No, you will have to create all stats, class and level stats.

I was more asking how do I recompile? I have no idea.

You recompile using the compiler.

If you're on Windows, it's Visual Studio, if it's Linux, you use cmake/make.

There are guides for that posted on the forums. Just look around.

I rebuild mangosdVC110 and scriptVC110, right? But then what do I do? do I re-copy all the files from bin?

Afaik you have to:

• [li]change the maxlevel in the appropiate .cpp or .h file (dont know which one it was -- TheLuda mentioned it anyway)[/li]
    [li]change the maxlevel in the server config[/li]
    [li]add all the levelstats to the db (should be more than classlevelstats -- use common sense to find the needed tables)[/li]

But there is no point in raising the levelcap beyond 100 (and even that will lead to issues, as TheLuda already stated).

Afaik you have to:

• [li]change the maxlevel in the appropiate .cpp or .h file (dont know which one it was -- TheLuda mentioned it anyway)[/li]
    [li]change the maxlevel in the server config[/li]
    [li]add all the levelstats to the db (should be more than classlevelstats -- use common sense to find the needed tables)[/li]

But there is no point in raising the levelcap beyond 100 (and even that will lead to issues, as TheLuda already stated).

No no, I just want to have GMs like in real world of warcraft, where they're level 255 and have a ton of health.

No no, I just want to have GMs like in real world of warcraft, where they're level 255 and have a ton of health.

GMs do not have level 255, the client doesn't really handle that well, it would crash. And a GM can at any time activate GM mode, and also change his health values whenever needed.

You're just trying the wrong solution here because your approach would affect all players, not just GMs.

GMs do not have level 255, the client doesn't really handle that well, it would crash. And a GM can at any time activate GM mode, and also change his health values whenever needed.

You're just trying the wrong solution here because your approach would affect all players, not just GMs.

I'm saying in real WoW they do. And what does GM mode do? Does it make you invulnerable? Also changing health and mana values isn't permenant and it's reset whenever your health is updated. And this wouldn't affect all players. I just want it so that level 255 is only accessible via GM commands and change the base stats for level 255.

I'm saying in real WoW they do. And what does GM mode do? Does it make you invulnerable? Also changing health and mana values isn't permenant and it's reset whenever your health is updated. And this wouldn't affect all players. I just want it so that level 255 is only accessible via GM commands and change the base stats for level 255.

Yeah, and that is wrong information you have there. A GM is not level 255 on official realms. There is no proof for that. GM mode makes you invulnerable, indeed. Also why should health and mana stay? They're normal values for GMs, and GMs won't loose health, or anything else anyway.

And again, level 255 will not work for you. The client will at some point crash. Either you want to have large health and mana and use it for fights. But then GM mode is totally wrong anyway. Or you want to fight with huge health/mana pools, then you need to make it a real level, and level your character to your level. Changing the stats will not work unless you allow a higher max level, and if you want level 255, every level towards that needs stats even if you won't use that level.

Archived