[Solved] [Three] Server Crash on Login

Tigertail

Question

Having some issues figuring out where to look for a problem I'm having. I can start up the realmd and mangos server files with no issues, and can log in to the server. Once I create a character, and try to login, is where I run in to issues. Essentially as soon as the initial load screens are finished, I receive several errors that crash the server as soon as the character loads in:

2013-09-21 01:47:45 SESSION: received not handled opcode UNKNOWN (0x3314)
2013-09-21 01:47:45 SESSION: received not handled opcode UNKNOWN (0x3D54)
2013-09-21 01:47:45 SESSION: received not handled opcode UNKNOWN (0x7202)
2013-09-21 01:47:45 SESSION: received not handled opcode UNKNOWN (0x2581)
2013-09-21 01:47:45 SESSION: received not handled opcode UNKNOWN (0x0412)
2013-09-21 01:47:45 SESSION: received not handled opcode UNKNOWN (0x2314)
2013-09-21 01:47:45 SESSION: received not handled opcode UNKNOWN (0x1027)
2013-09-21 01:47:45 SESSION: received not handled opcode UNKNOWN (0x7102)

Any assistance with where to begin looking to solve the problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently using all the files found from the Core section, and my own installed copy of WoW having run the wowregeneration program to patch it up.

10 answers to this question

What OS are you running on and when did you do your checkout on git? I just rebuilt my server yesterday from the latest code on the repo and there aren't any crashes so it's probably just some little thing that we have to work out to get you running. Also can you let me know if it is all races that give you this crash or just a few?

Hmmm.... Nothing after 9/12 looks like it would really affect a server crash but can you update to the latest code, recompile and then test again. You're probably right in that it probably crashes for all races. I haven't tested those ones you've listed though so can't say with 100% certainty. Unfortunately I have never tried to run mangos on a windows box so I don't know all the ins and outs there. Maybe someone else who has run mangos three on windows can chime in. I'll do what I can to help even still.

Which guide did you follow to set up mangos on windows?

My next step will be to try pulling down the most recent server core and see if that does help make a difference.

I'd gone through and tested all but orcs and undead, and all were crashing.

I was using the guide Madmax had posted under the FAQ section up to the point that it was unfinished with setting up the database in SQL. From there, found a guide on Ragezone that talked about populating the databases through MySQL using Navicat.

EDIT: Tried a rebuild with the most recent core, using the 32 bit this time (used 64 bit last time as my OS does support that), and am getting the same errors on login.

First guide used:

http://community.getmangos.eu/index.php?topic=19787.0

Followed it down to the bottom section referencing preparing and setting up the databases.

Second guide used:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f518/make-mangos-server-easily-windows-719160/

Mostly used it for tips on setting and populating the databases, in terms of creating the databases, and executing the sql files and updates. I've already had the MySQL and Navicat from a previous version of Mangos, was running a 3.3.5 version for quite awhile. I've currently been using the Mangos World Database. Any clue if attempting to use the YTDB database would make a difference (the one from the Cores section on the main site)?

I did not remove any of the original information. I did keep everything separate and made sure to create a new instance within SQL and renamed the original database files there as well. Was hoping to try an keep the original files until I got everything up and working, but can try everything again after essentially removing all references to the old database versions.

Archived