[Zero] Setup problems

Rottstein

Question

I setup a classic server to toy with, I seem to have some database problems. The guide I originally followed https://github.com/mangoswiki/Wiki/wiki/Linuxinstall doesn't seem to ever install the ScriptDev2 database, although it downloads and has you do some work to get it included in the source. I have since installed the ScriptDev2 db stuff following another guide.

The server 'seems' to work alright. I notice a few things I am taking notes on, but I am unsure if my other errors are causing them. I will check the bugs I have found once I am sure everything is running as it should be.

Now to my problems

Database abnormailities:

• [li]I have probably thousands of this error each with a different item:[/li]
    [li] 2013-09-17 20:17:09 ERROR:Item (Entry: 10301) has wrong Subclass value (2) for class 9[/li]
    [li]2013-09-17 20:17:09 Loading Equipment templates...[/li]
    [li]2013-09-17 20:17:09 ERROR:creature_equip_template table is empty![/li]
    [li]About a dozen of:[/li]
    [li] 2013-09-17 20:17:31 ERROR:Table 'creature_loot_template' entry 3286 item 24077: negative chance is given for a reference, skipped[/li]
    [li]These:[/li]
    [li]2013-09-17 20:17:34 >> Loaded 0 creature locale strings. DB table `locales_creature` is empty.[/li]
    [li]2013-09-17 20:17:34 >> Loaded 0 gameobject locale strings. DB table `locales_gameobject` is empty.[/li]
    [li]2013-09-17 20:17:34 >> Loaded 0 Item locale strings. DB table `locales_item` is empty.[/li]
    [li]2013-09-17 20:17:34 >> Loaded 0 Quest locale strings. DB table `locales_quest` is empty.[/li]
    [li]2013-09-17 20:17:34 >> Loaded 0 PageText locale strings. DB table `locales_page_text` is empty.[/li]
    [li]2013-09-17 20:17:34 >> Loaded 0 gossip_menu_option locale strings. DB table `locales_gossip_menu_option` is empty.[/li]
    [li]2013-09-17 20:17:34 >> Loaded 0 points_of_interest locale strings. DB table `locales_points_of_interest` is empty.[/li]
    [li]About 10 of these:[/li]
    [li]2013-09-17 20:17:34 ERROR CreatureEventAI: Entry 17 in table `creature_ai_summons` but not used in EventAI scripts[/li]

I have checked what the database says it is vs what the server reports and they are the same. z2436.

I am running on debian 64 bit. The mysql server is running on a little arm based device, which should not really matter, just wanted to be clear that it is not running on the same machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

5 answers to this question

The errors are merely telling you that some entries in the database need to be fixed. We are aware of these but it was just not possible to fix these in time for the latest release 2.0.9 of the database.

And yes, the Linux guide misses to mention importing the ScriptDev2 database. But since it's an open Wiki on github, you could edit the page, and add a section for that. I would assume you had success doing that on your own :)

Well, yes I have it added, but being as new to this as I am I was not sure I did it correctly or even if what I have done is being used the server. My installed SD2 db version says it is "ScriptDev2 (for MaNGOS classic z2383+) " but the server itself reports "Loading ScriptDev2 (for MaNGOS classic z2383+) Revision [z2626] (*) * * (Unix)"

Just was not sure if things were installed properly or not.

My first hints that things may not be as they should be is "Princess must Die!" quest in Elwyn Forrest Princess' little piggy friends don't assist her, and I have not yet seen a mob flee, I am pretty sure the murlocs around the lake just east of Goldshire or near Eastvale Logging camp would run.

Also one thing about the website makes me cringe, I must know how to stop it. Everytime I load the main forum list I hear a 'drip' sound. What is that and how do I get rid of it?

The installation instructions include building ScriptDev2 properly but miss importing the database, so that is okay.

As for database errors, I can recommend to make use the mangos-zero database wiki. It covers any table and their usage, so you should be able to have a try at fixing things yourself.

As for the princess, I can recommend to have a look at the creature_linking table. With this you could link the spawns of her guards and achieve what is missing.

The running murlocs or their not running indicate, that these are merely spawned, but have each spawn should have a movement paths added, which is to be added in the creature_movement table for each spawned murloc.

And finally, the dripping sound on the forums: it is the chat box, which upon finishing to load and display will play that sound.

Archived