How do you make a new GM Command?

Guest seanb

I was going to write out a huge post explaining why i wanted the information I'm looking for, but then i realized, you probably dont care anyway :lol:

So here's my predicament. A server i play on is starting to gain more players, and this is causing a problem with one of our rules. Every player on the server has access to the .respawn command. As far as i know it's unmodified from what's built into the emulator, so when we use the command it respawns all mobs/nodes/chests at roughly our sight range, maybe a little larger.

The problem is that with more people logging on, it's more likely that we'l annoy some other adventurer. Especially when we're using .respawn in an AHK macro to gather ore or herbs (also allowed on our server)

I suggested to our Admin that we need a new command. something like .pop, which would work just like the respawn command, but at a much shorter range. For use when mining, herbing, or when you know for sure your right on top of the mobs spawn location. say maybe 5 or 10 yards range.

While he's not against the idea, he admits he has no idea how to implement it.

Am i even in the right forum for something like this? i looked at the "Core Modifications" forum, but that seemed a little over the head of this request.

Anyway, i'm open to your suggestions.

I was going to write out a huge post explaining why i wanted the information I'm looking for, but then i realized, you probably dont care anyway :lol:

So here's my predicament. A server i play on is starting to gain more players, and this is causing a problem with one of our rules. Every player on the server has access to the .respawn command. As far as i know it's unmodified from what's built into the emulator, so when we use the command it respawns all mobs/nodes/chests at roughly our sight range, maybe a little larger.

The problem is that with more people logging on, it's more likely that we'l annoy some other adventurer. Especially when we're using .respawn in an AHK macro to gather ore or herbs (also allowed on our server)

I suggested to our Admin that we need a new command. something like .pop, which would work just like the respawn command, but at a much shorter range. For use when mining, herbing, or when you know for sure your right on top of the mobs spawn location. say maybe 5 or 10 yards range.

While he's not against the idea, he admits he has no idea how to implement it.

Am i even in the right forum for something like this? i looked at the "Core Modifications" forum, but that seemed a little over the head of this request.

Anyway, i'm open to your suggestions.

Open src/LevelX.cpp where X is number of security for this command. add function to this file .. to this function write what you want, (you can look at .respawn how it works) , then open chat.h , put here the function, then open chat.cpp and put this command to table of commands.

In additional you can make record for this command in DB - mangos.command

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use