[zero] stacked and single item in mail

kupix

Question

i'm sending mail with the same item to other character. first mail is with single item, second with more of it stacked (here copper bar, item_template = 2840)

in characters.mail_items.item_guid i'm getting 13703 and 16269. where can i find info what stands behind those numbers? or maybe is it generated at runtime?

anyway, how to send stack of eg. Copper bars

4 answers to this question

The GUID of mail_items.item_guid refers to item_instance.guid.

item_instance holds additional information about an item like soulbound, durability, enchantments, etc.

I'm sorry. I don't understand your last question. You described that you sent already item stacks by mail or didn't it work?

i've been trying to figure how it works. first mail was with single item (copper bar), second mail was with two copper bars. i've been wondering where "it's says" that an item is stacked and where you can change amount in stack (not changing default values, just to fill stack)

As mentioned above already. Information about an item ist stored in item_instance. One value of the data field is responsible for the amount of a stack.

To figure out which value is responsible you can stack an item, save (with the command .save) the character and search for the correspondig entry in item_instance and save the values of the data field. Afterwards split the stack in two pieces and save the character again and compare the two values to see what has changed.

Archived