[SOLVED][MangosThree] Scattered database installation instructions

coderasm

Question

I am installing mangosthree on ubuntu server. I have been comparing all the linux guides and windows guides as I go through the installation process. I have found the windows installation instructions to be very detailed on the database creation, population and update portion. I have found the linux guides to be very inconsistent in regards to the database setup portion. The ubuntu guide does not mention the databases at all, the generic linux guide mentions the databases, but completely leaves out the scriptdev2 database setup, and the Debian guide goes through the database setup pretty well, including the scriptdev2 setup. I noticed in the debian guide, the server/sql/updates/*.sql files said to be applied to the database, should I also be applying the Scriptdev2 updates in scripts/sql/updates? I also saw ACID and UDB were being used in the windows instructions, should I be applying those to the databases as well? I'm finding a lot of incompleteness and discontinuity in the linux instructions. Thank you for any clarification.

****Update_0*****

I think I understand now. UDB is used to patch the mangos database up to higher cores. Once all the patches have been applied, you then apply the proper update .sql files in the update folder. You only apply the updates for the .sql files with the versions greater than the supported core version listed in the db_version table in mangos. Please correct me if I am wrong.

****Update_1*****

Even when installing on Ubuntu server, the Debian installation guide proved to be the most detailed and most useful.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived