can get permissions to read and write mangos-zero ubuntu [soloved]

kris914g

Question

6 answers to this question

@OP: Perform all actions using the super user. That is why all the commands in the guide you followed began with sudo, Super User DO. You will have read permissions on all your files in /opt/mangos-zero while a on-super user. You can write to any of the files under /opt/mangos-zero as long as you prefix all commands you use against those files with sudo. As an example you can edit a file under /opt/mangos-zero like so:

sudo (nano|gedit|mc|kate|vim) /opt/mangos-zero/etc/mangosd.conf. Just be sure to prefix whichever editor you use with sudo.

@Sanctum: This guy was talking about permissions on his local file system, not the permissions of the files in the repository.

but my server files end in /opt/mangos-zero and i have read on the internet and i have read its only the group root therecan read and write how can i get permissions to the files?

The guide explicitly mentions that you have to use sudo which gives you temporary root powers. If you do not have sudo installed, you will have to switch to super user mode using the "su" command and execute any commands mentioning sudo in the tutorial.

Edit: never make installed applications world writeable. Instead use a dedicated mangos system user which owns the directory, even better.

Archived