Two realms, one realmd, authentification fails for 2nd realm

rage_311

Question

I've got one PC running a realmd and mangosd, and another PC running just mangosd. I've set the DB up in the realmd machine with an added realmlist entry with all of the appropriate data for the 2nd machine. I have my realmlist.wtf in the client set to the PC running realmd. I can connect just fine, but when I try to select the 2nd realm from the realm list, it disconnects me. Every time after that, I type the credentials in the client, it attempts to connect to the server, and I get a "Disconnected from server" message. Then, in the 2nd PC's mangosd output, I get:

WorldSocket::HandleAuthSession: client 5875, unk2 0, account ACCOUNT_NAME_HERE, clientseed 3225892220
WorldSocket::HandleAuthSession: (s,v) check s: EC378C3AFBE62FD9FB9A850B73A501ED313D7D64C0ACAA0BB218A600C57E8B23 v: 4313CCDD221D22A688102E5AE326E17B6D09900BAB121EF7F5D33F272A5520CD
WorldSocket::HandleAuthSession: Sent Auth Response (authentification failed).
WorldSocket::handle_input: Peer error closing connection errno = Invalid argument

Am I thinking of this the right way? Why isn't the 2nd machine letting the credentials in?

Thanks for any help.

8 answers to this question

Which mangos core do you use for the second server?

Can you please post the realmlist entry from your database for your second server.

Make sure RealmID and WorldServerPort in the mangosd.conf file matches the values of the realmlist entry in the database.

They're both mangos zero -- the realmd server is on the master branch (Rel 18.1?) and the 2nd machine (only running mangosd) is Rel19.

+----+-----------+---------------+------+------+------------+----------+----------------------+------------+-----------------+
| id | name      | address       | port | icon | realmflags | timezone | allowedSecurityLevel | population | realmbuilds     |
+----+-----------+---------------+------+------+------------+----------+----------------------+------------+-----------------+
|  1 | zero      | EXTERNAL.IP   | 8085 |    0 |          0 |        1 |                    0 |       0.02 | 5875 6005 6141  |
|  2 | zero-test | EXTERNAL.IP   | 8086 |    0 |          0 |        1 |                    0 |          0 | 5875 6005 6141  |

zero-test is the 2nd machine.

I checked the mangosd.conf on the 2nd machine and RealmID = 2, WorldServerPort = 8086.

Also make sure the LoginDatabaseInfo in the mangosd.conf file of your zero-test (second server) points to the realmd server with the correct credentials.

Ah, THAT'S what I was missing. It's working perfectly now. Thank you so much for your help.

Archived