Talent: Entrapment (Hunter)

Auntie Mangos

I investigated that a bit:

Snake trap should work with entrapment. Maybe you forget any sql update? Only bug is that you are getting rootet, too, as well as your target. It is because the snake summone is targeted to yourself.There is a bug currently, that allows allows all trigger auras with OnTrapActivation to trigger, no matter if the procflag fits or not, but should work in the next time: http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=5740 my last post...

Freezing trap won't trigger because it only creates a presistent area aura, that have no direct target and so can't trigger on the target. But I think that this is not necessary, because it is not working like that on the offi servers neigther. I think it procs only from those not exisitng spells, getting triggered by the second aura of frost trap effect, every two sec (correct me if I am wrong). So problem is how to handle that.

But other (maybe bigger problem) for me is, that the 2nd and 3rd presistent area aura are canceled immeadeatly in PersistentAreaAura::Update() after getting created, because manos does not find a fitting dynamic object (whatever this is^^, beyond my scope currently).

Very strange that you can see that in the client. You will notice three buff symbols at the target, but the second two (that seems to represent area aura 2 and 3) will disappear at once as these auras are getting cancelled.

Just what I found out. Maybe anybody can use this information.

Here is the base: http://getmangos.eu/community/showthread.php?9094-[update]-prepareDataForTriggerSystem

And SQL: http://github.com/orangevirus/mangos/raw/master/sql/custom/059_03_mangos_spell_proc_event_%28pasdVn%29.sql

The problem of damage breakable root auras is a generic one. Those patches just fix the proc.

is this fix secure?

thanks

• 39 years later...

Database UDB 0.10.5.

MaNGOS milestone 12 (TBC) Scriptdev 893.

Entrapment doen't proc with frost trap and snake trap. I think that in core iusse, not database.

However, the console repots this error:

2009-02-13 11:54:34 ERROR:Aura::TriggerSpell: Spell 13810 have 0 in EffectTriggered[1], not handled custom case?
2009-02-13 11:54:43 ERROR:Aura::TriggerSpell: Spell 13810 have 0 in EffectTriggered[1], not handled custom case?
2009-02-13 11:54:45 ERROR:Aura::TriggerSpell: Spell 13810 have 0 in EffectTriggered[1], not handled custom case?
2009-02-13 11:55:44 ERROR:Aura::TriggerSpell: Spell 13810 have 0 in EffectTriggered[1], not handled custom case?

So is core bug? Not DB....interesting... The line is this:

// Hunter traps spells (for Entrapment trigger)
   // Gives your Immolation Trap, Frost Trap, Explosive Trap, and Snake Trap ....
   if (m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyName == SPELLFAMILY_HUNTER && m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags & 0x000020000000001CLL)
       m_procAttacker |= PROC_FLAG_ON_TRAP_ACTIVATION;
}

But it procs only with explosive trap and immolation trap.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...