Need help with 1.12.1 Merging

e46ad

Question

Hi I need some help with merging my Rel20 with Git bash I don't know quite what to do when i get to the steps below,

git checkout -b Rel20 my Git says Switched to a new Branch "Rel20" then i am stuck at what to do next what command do I issue after that to Merge the Rel 20 into my Master Server folder, Or have I already done that with that command ? I doubt it but I could do with some help clearing this up so I know i am running the most Stable and bug free fixed core,

How do i Merge the Rel 20 to my Server Master i have it all loaded on Gut bash i just don't know what to do next please help

I get 19> Creating library ..\..\bin\win32_release\mangosscript.lib and object ..\..\bin\win32_release\mangosscript.exp

19> 120ScriptDev2.vcxproj -> C:\Users\Jake\server\src\scripts\..\..\bin\win32_release\mangosscript.dll

========== Build: 19 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

But how do i know I am compile the correct Rel20 ?

Do i need to Pull the github source from https://github.com/mangoszero/server/tree/Rel20 and git bash it into a new folder then Merge the Two folders with the command git checkout -b Rel20 I really don't know if I am doing this correct i know it's compiling with success but I want to make sure Im using the best Rel20 for the most up to date fixes,

Any help welcome and will be appreciated thank you.

5 answers to this question

Sorry it is my fault, due to my problems with git :( The -b switch creates a NEW branch. To switch to other (existing in repo) branch it is not needed. So probably from the current repo state will help:

git checkout master
git branch -d Rel20
git checkout Rel20

This is the simplest and stupid way fully understandable to me ;) The better correction has to do smth with branch tracking. Since you switch the branches correcly, git pull will say "up to date".

OK so i have done that cheers for helping me so much,

Then i got this Error

Any ideas on what i need to do next? thanks ever so much for all your help i would be really stuck without you :)

I did this

git checkout master

git branch -d Rel20

git checkout Rel20

If i use them 3 commands Git checkout master Git branch -d Rel20 It says Error branch Rel20 Not found.

Tired it loads /c/Users/Jake/server <Master>

Just says same thing every time :(

Then once more,

git checkout Rel20

This is actual switching to an existing branch. Then "git pull" may be tried, but it returns "all is up-to-date". Though I'm not a person to teach anyone Git, I tested these commands locally ;) before posting the hint.

As the last resort, clone may be used from the start with the parameter:

git clone -b Rel20 <repositoryLink> <localDirName>

Here the parameter -b selects the branch to be set as current after repo cloned.

Hello mate thank you for the help i have now fixed all the errors but 2 i was having, they dont effect there server in any way i don't think it's running great better then any repack I've tired out,

Anwyays the 2 things i would like to ask you about well 3 are,

No script found for Scriptname ' Npc_prof_blacksmith' 00%

No Script found for scriptname 'Npc_Prof_leather

>> Loaded 325 c++ scripts

And the other stuff I have is,

2015-03-08 03:36:28 >> Loaded 0 creature locale strings. DB table `locales_creature` is empty.

2015-03-08 03:36:28 >> Loaded 0 gameobject locale strings. DB table `locales_gameobject` is empty.

2015-03-08 03:36:28 >> Loaded 0 Item locale strings. DB table `locales_item` is empty.

2015-03-08 03:36:28 >> Loaded 0 Quest locale strings. DB table `locales_quest` is empty.

2015-03-08 03:36:28 >> Loaded 0 Quest locale strings. DB table `locales_npc_text` is empty.

2015-03-08 03:36:28 >> Loaded 0 PageText locale strings. DB table `locales_page_text` is empty.

2015-03-08 03:36:28

2015-03-08 03:36:28 >> Loaded 0 gossip_menu_option locale strings. DB table `locales_gossip_menu_option` is empty.

2015-03-08 03:36:28 >> Loaded 0 points_of_interest locale strings. DB table `locales_points_of_interest` is empty.

I don't know if these second errors are just there should i be using any files to update the them or is it just part of the DB or something i don't see anything to update ?

Ty!

Locale tables contain the other language localisations (translations). When the localisations will be created (see this forum section), it will be released as another project(s) (repo). Now the locales_* tables are emtpy and it is ok.

As to the "missing" scripts, this is the latest change where the author seemingly forgot to correct the DB after changing the core. These scripts are not needed on Zero, see the discussion here.

So, its all ok completely.

Archived