Hello,

I'm a .NET developer at a software company and would like to contribute in the long run. It's been a long while since I wrote anything in c++ but we'll see how it goes.

I just started last night with downloading all the required files by using two guides. I started with the first one but finished with the other. I had several issues:

• mangosd.conf not anywhere to be found
  • realmd.conf not anywhere to be found
  • server/bin does not exist like mentioned in the guide
  • InstallDatabases.bat did not create all tables it should have for me

It's my hope the guide could be a little outdated, either that or I suck pretty bad. No biggie, I got it running after a couple of hours searching.

Right now I'm trying to see how everything works together. And I have stumbled upon some questions.

• I'm assuming not every creature has scripts, but where are they?
  • So far the only thing I've been able to change in the database and that actually changed inside the game is the creature_template.maxlevel. I'm assuming the base AI just casts creature_template.spell1 over and over until out of mana. I tried changing that but the creature does not cast the other spell. It's like the change wasn't there. I tried changing the modelid1 to see if the in-game model would change but it didn't. I changed the subname to see if it would pop up somewhere, nothing. I restarted realmd and mangosd inbetween changes.

SELECT * FROM creature_template_spells WHERE entry = 2953;

UPDATE creature_template_spells SET spell1 = 116, spell2 = 0 WHERE entry = 2953;
UPDATE creature_template_spells SET spell1 = 9532, spell2 = 0 WHERE entry = 2953;

SELECT * FROM creature_template WHERE entry = 2953;

UPDATE creature_template SET maxlevel = 10 WHERE entry = 2953;
UPDATE creature_template SET maxlevel = 4 WHERE entry = 2953;

UPDATE creature_template SET modelid1 = 15115 WHERE entry = 2953;
UPDATE creature_template SET modelid1 = 6090 WHERE entry = 2953;

UPDATE creature_template SET subname = 'Bristlurbucks' WHERE entry = 2953;
UPDATE creature_template SET subname = '' WHERE entry = 2953;

Kind regards,

bdebaere

I'm assuming not every creature has scripts, but where are they?

In the sources, C++ scripts are found under src/modules/SD3/scripts folder. They are bound to the corresponding entities in the world table `script_binding`. Here the `type` field defines the object type, =0 for mobs (details here). In between, there are also 3 different script engines: Eluna, EventAI, simple DB scripts. The two latter are active by default. The EventAI scripts are bound through the `creature_template`.`AIName` field.

So far the only thing I've been able to change in the database and that actually changed inside the game is the creature_template.maxlevel.

Since the client is using his cache heavily, you need to clean the client cache (*.wdb files; you could choose the affected file by name) each time you modify *_template tables. Also, I would not experiment myself with the world DB until reading the table descriptions briefly at least.

Archived